SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an 04 S60R and was thinking it may be a bit to quiet stock! So I was thinking if there are alot of people that do a cat delete with a specific size tubing the rest of the way back? (as a custom set up) And also whats the best way to eliminate the CEL due to no more O2 where the cat was? BTW I LOVE this car so far, glad to be a part of the Volvo community :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome in here, I personnally do not think it was good idea to delete the cat. For my car, I installed a 3" Downpipe, and the "catback" Which is the rest of the exhaust system, is on its way... they can only ship june 8th... As for the sound, I do not know yet but it will be sure more interesting than stock... Don't make your car sound like those broken crappy h*ndas those kids race around town... :) Plus you can get fined for a loudy exhaust

·
Registered
691 Posts
Welcome to the community do some searches on the forum here for what your looking for... But I would stay away from deleting the cat for right now till you know a Lil more about your car...

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Just get an OBX downpipe... If you're set on catless.. Be warned, there's alot of awful fumes that will never go away with catless. If you can live with that (lol, live.. they're toxic fumes) then just get the OBX, otherwise.. You have a few options... OBX and buy an ebay cat and have it welded in at a local shop, or buy an insanely expensive downpipe from some other place.. There's a few aftermarket "race" downpipes.

It's still cheaper to get an OBX and add your own cat. A couple hundred less. You can find them on ebay.

The best thing about catless = It sounds 100% stock when you're driving normally/slow (Who the **** drives slow?) and it's much louder than stock when you're WOT.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was just a thought but I did a little more looking around and it sounds like its not such a good idea anymore. Will the dual tips of the OBX fit correctly on the side without the cutout? (assuming i will cut a matching spot)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I haven't looked under my 04 VR but I imagine these cars have several mufflers/resonators. I would never advise removing a cat on an OBDII car. OBDI yes. I would imagine leaving the cat and removing all but the main muffler would help. I plan on doing custom exhaust with a Borla XR-1 similar to my BMW.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes^ :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
But then the car could be featured in Fast and furious 6...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hey hey now. I love me some R34 GTR's. I would love to have one! I would say at least it's not that ultra POS eclipse spider driven by the d bag known as Tyrese.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well I went a catless downpipe with a cutout and 2.5 inch back with a muffler... Humm well the fumes are horrible and I always have a check engine light on all the time and def blow out flames but from underneath the car which the fumes are sucked right in if the windows are open at all... It sucks and now my motor stopped working so it's open all the time... So I'm not sure what my next step is but I think going catless is a mistake... I am trying to fix it now maybe do a cat downpipe and straight pipe all the way back with that sick porche exhaust tip. I really love the sound of the car with just downpipe but it gets annoying cause it shakes the crap outta the whole car... And it's loud lol really loud but the turbo sings with every shift :) awww I hate this I don't know what I wanna do yet...

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
GTR34 >S60R....but GTR34 + S60R= :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

But how do we color match the exhaust flame to the car....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry it took so long to post pics I've been working a ton. Its basically stock except for a K&N air filter.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Whenever I see that color I have the strongest urge to eat Yams or Sweet Potato Pie :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts