SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Previous 850 and V40 owner.

Signed on an XC90 at a small auction wholesale lot today. 07 3.2 AWD with 99k miles for 9500, Willow Green. V8's were scarce so I rolled with my need to purchase. Has HID and all the standard options for an XC. Don't even think the guy knew it had NAV. Fairly clean vehicle. Seats are in good shape but slick, I'd like replica seat covers just to get some texture. Exterior is nice too.

Needs work despite the dealers insistence that it was good to go. 10% brake-pads on the front should have clued him in. In addition to the pads and rotors needed there was a set of Kelly tires on it. When they first got it was apparent that the engine bay had been power washed, Ugh, why??.. yeah I know.. nothing set off my spidey senses. but in the cabin it was a pretty decent detail job... yet they hadn't bothered to do a headlight restoration kit. Go figure. It was a constant commotion at the place so I'm surprised they can do the paper work on the cars.

Transmission was responsive, but needs new mounts. Passenger side Upper and lower. Engine looked/sounded good. No leaks up in the dash that I can tell, but Ill check those hoses. Had service records, consistent dealer service at Tasca up to 50k and a one off record from another dealer for the 75k service. Suspension is surprisingly tight when I had it checked by a Euro garage down the street. Anyway, biggest maybe is the possible need for a rear drive-shaft retrofit, You feel the vibration on acceleration 35-50+

Sourced parts from FCP for
Front Rotors -Meyle/Akembo
Mounts - Hutchinson
OilChange
Partial Trans change in a few weeks.

Eventually those 2014 taillights would be nice

Have a quote from Colorodo Drive shaft for 485+100core for a replacement if the mounts don't clear up the vibration, which I would put as mild. . Not sure the HID active beams are that active. Oh, Have a VIDA/Dice setup, which defied my initial 15min install attempt. Where to start..,

Updated with Pics

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Congrats! Willow Green is a very nice looking color!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a fan of the Green, was also looking at a few Caper Greens but they tended to be a few years newer and a multiple more expensive. I totally happy with the deal so far.

I was going through the small box of papers this morning and found the second key. A little secondary fob turns out to be a remote start! awesome. I had gotten a quote from a local guy for a one way Compustar for 685 installed during my search. A Sienna that I had him put one on a couple years ago was a 2011 and only ran $385. The price difference with the Volvo was something about sacrificing a key and putting resistors on the lighting.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll check out the reconditioning link while I wait for the VIDA installer to give it another go. Updated the OP with pics.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice! Good find. Brake pads are easy street anyway, I just slapped some on the XC90 and I'm about to do the front brakes on my V50 today.

Like you, I picked up an 07 3.2 because V8s are scarce (and usually a bit overpriced at that). Since I don't currently tow anything and my future towing needs won't be more than 1000 lbs, I figured the 3.2 would be OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts