SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My V8 Executive

Hi all. Both me and my wife are veteran Volvo owners. We've owned a ton of p80 cars, one drift hearse, and even a SAAB once(and only once). I think around 15 total, never more than four at a time. :D We are originally from AL, but spent a few years in the PNW before being moved to "paradise." Ive been lurking on SS for a couple of years, but never really felt the need to post anything. Well today's a new day!

I saw a thread a long while back talking about a 09 executive for sale in Honolulu. I bought that car about six months ago. I wanted a sport, but this one had EVERY scrap of paperwork that one could want... and a clean carfax with a detailed maintenance record.

Day 1:

Today:
-b&g springs
-19" Heicos ($500 w/new tires. Amazing story. remind me to tell you)
-stealth intake and exhaust mods
-Debadged and dechromed (matte clear plastidip)

One with my old T5M

PS:Anyone want my refrigerator kit? Better know a guy. Shipping is INSANE.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Beautiful !! I love the subtle Heico wheels. Dying to know the $500 story ... $500 for each wheel and tire, or $500 for the set of four wheels and tires?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you!

I love the Heico's but i feel like it just updates the car. It doesn't look 'custom' enough for my taste.

I think im still in the s70 mindset:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
A quick rundown of the Heico story.

One of my friends (and a member of this forum, Chest Rockwell) from WA has a craigslist addiction. Apparently its bad enough that he searches for me too!:D
He sends a link and the rest is history. I was just about to sit down to dinner when the seller gave the green light. I was out the door in 30 seconds.

The thing is, I search CL weekly at a minimum. Usually just "volvo" or "5x108." Unlike the PNW, there is never anything of interest. Maybe the odd base s60 getting parted out.

Apparently i wasnt searching for the right stuff.

"19 Heico Wheels," a phone number, and one picture. That was the whole ad. The sellers apparently do hoarder/eviction/recycling clean up type work. That house had two sets of volvo wheels, but the workers had no idea what they went to or even what lug pattern they were... hence they just listed them by "heico." (the others were niche. gross).

$500. All 4. At least 85% tread.

And they had been listed for 22 days. :facepalm:

PS: I bought tires for the Venators less than two days prior. :facepalm: :facepalm:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Those wheels look amazing on your car! Beautiful S80 you've got there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jeeeeez, speechless about the rest of the CL story! Well done, buddy. Be nice to those wheels, I want 'em when you're stateside again! Post up a pic or two of the S70 dipped in pink. ;)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Welcome to SS (officially that is!). Great looking P3 80. The Heico's are awesome, even the Venators were nice. How would you compare the before/after ride ... stock springs/wheels to now?

PS. I had a Saab once too :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oh. My. F**k.

I can't help but feel a bit deflated looking at your P80. I have such a long road ahead of me with what I now feel I need to do to mine....

and as for your S80, I can't even....

·
Registered
760 Posts
Can I have email of your CL addicted friend? But oh ... you're in Hawaii.

·
3,391 Posts
I love your S80! It looks like it might have the factory sport chassis. Do you have the window sticker? That's a super rare option. I'm personally a fan of chrome venators, but with almost any color except electric silver. So, I think the Heico wheels look excellent! I have 19" Bors on my S80 and I think because of the size of the car, 19s look just right on it. My car originally came with the chrome Venators too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Woah, I can't wait to own one like yours one day. Well done, looks like a dream.

·
3,391 Posts
I love your S80! It looks like it might have the factory sport chassis. Do you have the window sticker? That's a super rare option. I'm personally a fan of chrome venators, but with almost any color except electric silver. So, I think the Heico wheels look excellent! I have 19" Bors on my S80 and I think because of the size of the car, 19s look just right on it. My car originally came with the chrome Venators too.
Never mind my comment. I missed your post about the B&G springs. They'll settle out a lot more, by the way. It took a few months for my car to lower all the way once I installed mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi all. Both me and my wife are veteran Volvo owners. We've owned a ton of p80 cars, one drift hearse, and even a SAAB once(and only once). I think around 15 total, never more than four at a time. :D We are originally from AL, but spent a few years in the PNW before being moved to "paradise." Ive been lurking on SS for a couple of years, but never really felt the need to post anything. Well today's a new day!

I saw a thread a long while back talking about a 09 executive for sale in Honolulu. I bought that car about six months ago. I wanted a sport, but this one had EVERY scrap of paperwork that one could want... and a clean carfax with a detailed maintenance record.

Day 1:

Today:
-b&g springs
-19" Heicos ($500 w/new tires. Amazing story. remind me to tell you)
-stealth intake and exhaust mods
-Debadged and dechromed (matte clear plastidip)

One with my old T5M

PS:Anyone want my refrigerator kit? Better know a guy. Shipping is INSANE.
Is this the one from that was for sale at BMW of Honolulu? If so, I remember looking at it on a number of different occasions last fall when I was looking for my S80 V8 (currently have a 2010 S80 V8 Exec. in ember black on black). Beautiful car! Enjoy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One in the same!

So... i did a thing. I wouldnt recommend it for the faint of heart.

No more chrome anywhere!

One with the wife's v50.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How would you compare the before/after ride ... stock springs/wheels to now?
Sorry for the delay. Im actually a terrible person to ask. The roads on Oahu are so bad that i cant really tell. Or maybe that is the answer?

Chest Rockwell, we're definitely considering the PNW after our "vacation" is over.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One in the same!

So... i did a thing. I wouldnt recommend it for the faint of heart.

No more chrome anywhere!

One with the wife's v50.

Are you selling your old headlamp assemblies? Or did you just paint them black?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good to hear, Chris! I love the new look with the headlights, I've never been a fan of chrome. Just serves no function, and shows fingerprints too easily. BTW, those ESM's look pretty good on the Mrs' car as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you selling your old headlamp assemblies? Or did you just paint them black?
It's just paint. There is a picture with the lenses off. I laughed when I realized my wife's base model '05 had black housings stock...

Chest, I need to post a rear shot of her car. So pointlessly aggressive. Haha.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That's a beautiful S80 with tasteful mods. The story about your Heicos is also great. How convenient is service for your cars on the island? I see only one dealer listed on Oahu. Does that mean no recent models are driven on the other islands? I expect there aren't too many S80s either, so how are you situated for parts when you need them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Thank you. Im pretty much done with the outside. Maybe late model tails and factory spoiler.

Its true that we only have one dealer on the island. However, they always have what i need and are very knowledgeable. Volvo of Honolulu is very motorsports oriented and always stock at least one KPAX s60(currently have two).Too bad its 50k.

As for service, i do everything myself. I wouldn't hesitate to let them work on my cars though.

I couldnt tell you about the other islands as ive never been.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts