SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,<p>I have a 2004 Audi S4 (roughly stage 2) that I love...then comes baby. Today I am sliding the passenger seat forward b/c the baby seat wont fit in the middle (Safest) b/c the driver seat is back too far. I looked at the S4 avant and same problem except it is a wagon. We have another large full sized sedan that my wife drives and baby rides in 95% of the time but just being a nervous father. My other car is the new Avalon Ltd (0-60 in 6 seconds flat) but feels like driving a sofa through the turns. Thinking of options...<p>I have a company discount available plan pricing to buy a Volvo S60R or V70R for that matter -strongly considering. I have looked into the Audi RS6 CPO but I am a little worried about long term reliability. So far my car has never had a problem (15K miles) except like all other S4s it goes through a 1/2 quart of oil per 2k miles. <p>What should I expect if I switch? pluses/minuses? Anyone else come from an S4? <p>BTW, I really respect/like the looks of the S60R/V70Rs you all have on this forum.<p>Cheers!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Re: First time post...visited for a couple of years...thinking of tradi ... (S4evolved)

There's a bit more room for baby seats in the V compared with the S (width and length). Bring you baby seat to the dealer and try it in the V. You can get integrated child boosters in the V, but you probably won't need those until your child is older (I think 4 yrs or or around 40Lbs, but not sure on the specifics). We have the inegrated booster in our XC90 and love it, I almost got a V70R just for that feature.<p>V70R is one fine wagon, and you have TONS of help here for mods, etc. so if it fits, go for it!<p>LTA<br>

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Re: First time post...visited for a couple of years...thinking of tradi ... (LTA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>LTA</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's a bit more room for baby seats in the V compared with the S (width and length). </TD></TR></TABLE><p>To my knowledge only the length (wheelbase) is longer in the V (so more space for legs at the back)... but I believe they have both the same width.<br>However...the backseat has a different layout in the V compared to the S (The S has actually only 2 "real" places at the back) so a childseat could fit easier in the V than in the S coz the sitting area in the V is just too straight.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: First time post...visited for a couple of years...thinking of tradi ... (S4evolved)

<A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=55677" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=55677</A>

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>S4evolved</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi all,<p>I have a 2004 Audi S4 (roughly stage 2) that I love...then comes baby. Today I am sliding the passenger seat forward b/c the baby seat wont fit in the middle (Safest) b/c the driver seat is back too far. I looked at the S4 avant and same problem except it is a wagon. We have another large full sized sedan that my wife drives and baby rides in 95% of the time but just being a nervous father. My other car is the new Avalon Ltd (0-60 in 6 seconds flat) but feels like driving a sofa through the turns. Thinking of options...<p>I have a company discount available plan pricing to buy a Volvo S60R or V70R for that matter -strongly considering. I have looked into the Audi RS6 CPO but I am a little worried about long term reliability. So far my car has never had a problem (15K miles) except like all other S4s it goes through a 1/2 quart of oil per 2k miles. <p>What should I expect if I switch? pluses/minuses? Anyone else come from an S4? <p>BTW, I really respect/like the looks of the S60R/V70Rs you all have on this forum.<p>Cheers!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I've never owned an S4 but from what I understand an R will be a step down in performance if stock--but with mods (ECU, downpipe, exhaust) will be very competitive. The bottom line impression I get is that the stock R is close, though not at the same level as an S4, but the R is a tremendous value for the $$ and for less than the price differential in mods you can have a car that rivals the S4...and you get Volvo crash safety to boot!! <p>As far as space goes, you'll have more room than the A4 chassis for sure, but whether that is enough depends on how far back you have to slide your seats. Definitely take your infant seat in to the dealer and check. The built in boosters (mentioned above) are great too, I've got them and if you want to fit more than 2 kids in the back they make a big difference--take up less width than the standard bulky plastic boosters. <p>Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts