SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are about to do a 3000mi road trip and putting together an emergency kit....
What items do you like to carry?

We did order the safety triangle that fits in the back hatch like in the euro spec model. Extra oil, jumper cables....
What do you carry?

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I will do the same in my XC70/2011/D5... Cup of coffee and a full tank of diesel! No emergency equipment, just a photo camera, wayfarers on and a smile. Faith in Götenborg (...)

XC70 2011 D5

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
If your car is running well for last thousand miles then no reason to worry. Just keep an eye on tire pressure, fluid level, winter weather condition, roadsize service phone number then get on road.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
How 'bout a basic First-Aid kit? A stop to look at the scenery, one may slip and get a cut or abrasion. Nice to have something to do some minor patch work. ;)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Food, water, blankets/warm clothing, and a first aid kit are what you want this time of year. 6 years ago I was caught in a gnarly mid-atlantic snow storm while making a poorly-timed solo trip from SC to New England (22 hours straight behind the wheel) and the experience taught me a few things. 1) Make sure your vehicle is up to snuff before you go anywhere. (Fresh, high-quality tires are what saved my butt that time.) 2) Have the aforementioned basics to survive for a couple of days with no assistance. If you need them you have them. Before that point see the next line item. 3) Having an emergency kit with the basics, set your face to fear no evil. Unexpected things happen. If they do, so what? You're prepared. Don't panic. Assess the situation, trust yourself to decide, and move on. Panicky decision making is more likely to put you in harm's way than anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts