SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here i am after lurking the ss site and the v70r site i started looking for a v70r it took about 9 months, i finally purchased my first "R" wagon back in june , i currently own a "money green" 02' stock v70 (wifes dd) and have owned a xc70, and a s80 in the past (both cleaned and fix up and resold for a small profit to family members).
in late june-july i found my dream wagon my new titanic atacama v70r gt with 97k and not been beat to crap! always garaged and friggin dent and scratch free!! (really only one ding!) and full service records from the start. so was this to good to be true? nope it seems to be the real deal !!! super clean mint condition! interior is perfect! leather almost flawless, no dirt even deep in the door jambs!!
i am very happy now after such a long time looking. and yes you can all beat me up about it being a "gt" but i am over 50 and dont want a mt any more (i still own a badass tuned 96nissan hardbody with only 105k on it and a manual if i want to go wheelin' like a kid).
So here is my crazy story, day 3 of owning my new VR i dropped off someone at sf airport and on way back at 11:30pm on hwy 17 "blood alley" on a blind dark corner, i hit a piece of broken construction concrete with rebar sticking out, it that had fallen out of a caltrans work truck we suppose, it was about 7-8 inches tall and about 30inches wide ughhhh!! with no where to go due to "k" walls and traffic to the right of me (slow lane full of cars) i had no choice but to go strait over it at about 45mph . bam bam!! , two strikes to the under side !! if i had been in any other car i would be in the hospital!! i even drove it about a quater mile till i could find a safe pull out to get off the hwy!! i think she may be bullet proof!!!
thankfully i did not do as much damage as i thought here is my list :
punched hole in oil pan-
bent 1 peg rim (direct impact)
popped 2 tires
bent rear toebar
clipped bottom edge of air conditioning condenser (created pin hole leak)
blew out 2 struts
bent right front axel
no body damage at all!!! all parts replaced with factory oem parts at my local indy shop and covered by my insurance.
The big problem was only with my indie shop who did not diagnose the damage properly the first inspection, or the second ,so i had to bring the car back 3 friggin times to find all the damage and deal with my adjuster way to much!! they even left bolts (2) loose (one actually fell out and was laying on intercooler hose) on the air condenser that i of course found after my inspection of there work !!!
So as a basic rule in my life i say, you cant trust even the best of indy shops!! every one can make a mistake, even highly trained techs, ( but 3 times is kinda rediculuse !) i always examine others work with a fine tooth comb!! trust no one with your "R"!!!!!
The total insurance pay out to indie shop was over 6k and i paid only 8k for the car!! holy sh*t!!, boy did they rip off the insurance company ! ($750 per strut uninstalled,$1100 to change air condenser!) just crazy money !! i had to beg my adjuster not to total the car!! this was very tough to convince her due to they like to go by book value which we all know is not accurate and jus' crap. she just could not believe a near 9 year old car could still pull more than book value -guess she has never dealt with an "R" owner , i would chew her friggin leg off before i would give up my new friend!!

So here is a list of all that has been done to my new dream machine since i got her:
new oil pan, 4 new 4c struts (2 by indie shop and 2 by me), 4 new brake rotors and pads, new conti-dws tires, brake fluid flush, tranmission flush, front and rear angle gear oil changes and seals,motor oil change and filter, front new lower motor mount , new right front axel, new air conditioning condenser and system recharge (blows 35degrees now), new oem spark plugs , new ipd hd coil packs, new ipd hd-tcv +silicon lines, new air filter, alignment , and repair all tailgate hinge harness wires (9 broken or cracked) soldered wires used marine grade shrink wrap,and improve rear tailgate wire harness routing-my custom work,

Work done by previous owner: new fuel pump at 93k under warranty installed at stealer, new A-frame bushings 93k, new upper shock mounts 80k(inspected and look excellent at 98k),new window regulator 80k.

current mods: TME exhaust- IPD/mte stage two - upper poly motor mount
coming soon: IPD hd end links, timing belt kit and photos!!
----------finally i get to go play with her !! -----------------glad to join the "R" family
if any one knows this car please feel free to let me know still trying to get all her past history strait. i am the 4th owner but the first owner has had her 2 times so actually i am the 3rd owner.
i guess i will drive my friggin camry till i figure out how to post a photo here :beer: my pix are on v70r.com though

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
It Titanium and you did not post a location or at least where the car came from.... since you have all the records.....

Titanic was a big boat that sank 100 years ago

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Would love to see the car after you hit the ****!

Welcome hope camRy is comfortable :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the car came from marin sf bay area originally and live in southern california from the age of 15k to the age of 90k i think, then the original owner bought it back in marin , i picked her up at around 98k and she just turned 100k.
how do i post pixs on here ?
and thanks again for the titanic comment jrl lol, i will drive the titanic till its ready to be buried at sea !! i love this car !!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
small correction , she first came into the port of oakland on us delivery ,then went to marin volvo (just north of sf for you east coasters)it looks like for the original sale. i actually talked with the service manager and he pulled the records for the car that they had there so i could match them to my service records and they where all the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It Titanium and you did not post a location or at least where the car came from.... since you have all the records.....

Titanic was a big boat that sank 100 years ago
And yet...V70Rs turn like they're the Titanic. ;)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
And yet...V70Rs turn like they're the Titanic. ;)
Yes, they sure do, all 43 feet of tuning radius :thumbdown:
I think the Titanic could turn tighter....

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Welcome to swedespeed. Sorry about your troubles - what year VR is your car? - I may have missed it in your post. You're lucky the car wasn't totalled with 6k in damages on a car you only paid 8k for, though by any measure that is a very good price for one with around 100k on the clock.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry --04' v70 r girltronic
I will try to post pics thanks for the help

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes wagons rule!!

·