SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I helped a friend replace his clutch, pressure plate, and slave cylinder. I didn't plan on filming it because it was the first time I did a clutch on a Volvo. Our brand new slave cylinder failed after we had everything put together and started leaking on us immediately, so we had no choice but to pull the transmission again and replace it. I figured that since I did it once, I may as well film it and show what worked for me. This is the first half of the video, I do not have the installation one edited yet. I plan to add torque specs for each bolt in text to the video.

I was wondering if you guys had any feedback to add about the video. We are waiting on more parts in the mail, so I can still film things you would want to see during the transmission install. I'll leave the video unlisted until I get footage for installation and torque specs listed for each bolt.

Thanks,
154E90

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoYrsMecv5s

·
Registered
538 Posts
Very detailed...Good job!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very detailed...Good job!
Thanks!

I plan to finish the video and upload it soon. The clutch install went well and the car runs and drives great now. For anyone using the unlisted video: you probably don't want to remove all the subframe bolts. Leave the big rear bolts on slightly so that it doesn't just hang there. I'll add this note in the final video. Filming is done and I kinda glossed over the airbox and battery container, but if you're doing a clutch I bet you can do that easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts