SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife decided on a new white XC70 with expresso interior and my son and I decided on the T6 and European delivery. So he and I would like to go to Sweden just before he returns to school on 8/27 to take delivery on her car. We would like to spend around 10 days there (i.e. leaving for Sweden around 8/16 and departing from Munich on 8/26).

Just got back from our local Volvo dealer and was told we would have to order a 2013 but they are not taking orders yet (expecting that they would be taking orders later in April and they expect to start delivery in sometime in August). I just read that facory tours will be closed in the first half of August but will resume om August 20th. We obviously want to tour the factory and enjoy the delivery experience to the fullest but we also want to enjoy driving our new car through as much of that area of Europe as is reasonable over a 10 day period.

Do our plans make sense?...Is this doable in our time frame for a 2013? Could we take delivery of our car on Friday 8/17 or Saturday 8/18? Any suggestions?

Thanks to all in advance that may respond ...Only my first day but this looks like a great forum!! :);)

Ed

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Ed,

It appears that you local dealer has not handled many Overseas Delivery sales.

I have submitted orders for 2013 Volvo XC70 and S60 model cars via Overseas Delivery. My customers placing their Model Year 2013 OSD orders now are receiving "Price Proctetion" on the base price of their car and getting in line for an early production date for their vehicle.

You may take delivery of your new Volvo in Europe only on a week day. There are no weekend deliveries at the factory.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ed, sounds like a great plan.. The Gothenburg Factory Delivery Center has delivery appointments Monday through Friday, so your chance for a Saturday 8/18 appointment is not workable. The Factory resumes operations and tours should be available Monday the 20th, so do you want to pick up the car the 17th and have to wait 'til Monday for the tour?
Regarding ordering a 2013, your local dealer should know you can place a provisional 2013 XC70 T6 AWD order now, with your understanding the packages, color choices and prices can change as they're communicated later this month, but with the provisional order placed now, you can lock in the base price (before options) of the XC70 T6 AWD at the 2012 current OSD price. I'd urge getting this provisional order placed in the next week or so.
Jeff

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!!

Talk about two valuable posts....Thanks William and Jeff!! I called my local dealer to inform them and they called me back to thank me for the info which they confirmed was correct. I have an appointment with them for Monday to place my order and I am very excited to start planning this trip.

Can I be pretty sure that if I place my order this Monday that I have a reasonably good chance to be able to pick up my car on Friday 8/17 and when could that be confirmed (to be back in time for my son to return to college). If we could pick it up on the Friday 8/17 we could see some of Sweden and Denmark over the weekend, have the factory tour on Monday 8/20, and head to Germany on Tuesday as we wouldn't need to fly back until Sunday. Any disadvantage to dropping the car of in Munich and flying back from there (rather than driving it back to Gothenburg).....Any idea how much more it will cost to do that?

Thanks again to both of you....Very very helpful!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like only 239 euros for the drop off....Got it from the informative link that William posted...Thanks once again!!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Talk about two valuable posts....Thanks William and Jeff!! I called my local dealer to inform them and they called me back to thank me for the info which they confirmed was correct. I have an appointment with them for Monday to place my order and I am very excited to start planning this trip.

Can I be pretty sure that if I place my order this Monday that I have a reasonably good chance to be able to pick up my car on Friday 8/17 and when could that be confirmed (to be back in time for my son to return to college). If we could pick it up on the Friday 8/17 we could see some of Sweden and Denmark over the weekend, have the factory tour on Monday 8/20, and head to Germany on Tuesday as we wouldn't need to fly back until Sunday. Any disadvantage to dropping the car of in Munich and flying back from there (rather than driving it back to Gothenburg).....Any idea how much more it will cost to do that?

Thanks again to both of you....Very very helpful!!! :thumbup::thumbup:
You are welcome.

Yes, if your order is submitted this Monday you should be in good shape regarding an August 17, 2012 delivery date at the factory. However it will probably be a couple of weeks before your order and delivery date can be confirmed as we wait for final details for the 2013 Volvo Model Year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts