SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not even a week after getting her I decided to de-badge the rear. I did leave the R however.

Used wax coated dental floss for the easy letters (awd) and a gift card for the letters that would break the floss.

Absolutely no ghosting which I'm pretty happy about. After I took the letters off I used a plastic bondo scraper to get some of the big stuff off, washed the area, polished it using my makita + polish ball attachment, wiped, re-polished as needed, then waxed.

It's all downhill from here :p

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Weight reduction, nice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hear the prancing moose emblems are +5hp

·
Registered
588 Posts
Plus minus 0.6 lbs if you get the sticker over the badge. Like a GT3, the Porsche emblem is a sticker.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+ I waxed the car and filled the cd changer up, ****'s mad slow now :(

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Should have kept the S60.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I think de-badged rears look awful.... sorry
On the other hand, there is a lot of schmootz in between the characters. I want to put the "VOLVO" and "R" back on, but I don't want to deal with cleaning them.

So, for the time being, I'm badgeless...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Not even a week after getting her I decided to de-badge the rear. I did leave the R however.

Used wax coated dental floss for the easy letters (awd) and a gift card for the letters that would break the floss.

Absolutely no ghosting which I'm pretty happy about. After I took the letters off I used a plastic bondo scraper to get some of the big stuff off, washed the area, polished it using my makita + polish ball attachment, wiped, re-polished as needed, then waxed.

It's all downhill from here :p
Looks good :thumbup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I left only the R on mine. I like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts