SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
55,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In totality, the 2013 T5 AWD offer is extremely persuasive and should place the S60 on the short list for those in the market for an AWD sedan.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice writeup - looking forward to your future adventures! :thumbup:

You're exactly right about the potential for the S60 overwhelming the A4 in the marketplace. I can't tell you how happy we are that we traded our Audi A4 for a Volvo S60 T5 AWD a month ago. :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice looking car but Volvo needs to offer some sharper looking rims. The ones on this vehicle are just kind of blah in my opinion and really don't set the car off.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Has anyone driven the t5 awd and t6 awd back to back? Other than teh difference in acceleration, did you notice any difference in noise and smoothness?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Has anyone driven the t5 awd and t6 awd back to back? Other than teh difference in acceleration, did you notice any difference in noise and smoothness?
Being that I have both (except I have an RD not a regular T6), I notice that the car is a little smoother than 2012 T5's, the engine noise is your typical 5cyl quirky sounds, but seems a little quieter at full WOT.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Being that I have both (except I have an RD not a regular T6), I notice that the car is a little smoother than 2012 T5's, the engine noise is your typical 5cyl quirky sounds, but seems a little quieter at full WOT.
How does your T6 handle compared to the T5? I am considering the 2012 t6 vs a 2013 t5 AWD. With discounts they are almost the same price.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
How does your T6 handle compared to the T5? I am considering the 2012 t6 vs a 2013 t5 AWD. With discounts they are almost the same price.
I have an R-Design so the suspension is stiffer than a regular T6 w/Dynamic Suspension. The T5 AWD only comes with the Touring Suspension so it can be a little soft, but not sloppy or disconnected from the driving experience.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have an R-Design so the suspension is stiffer than a regular T6 w/Dynamic Suspension. The T5 AWD only comes with the Touring Suspension so it can be a little soft, but not sloppy or disconnected from the driving experience.
Sorry to belabor this issue. Do you notice a difference in turbo lag between T5 and T6. I finally managed to test a T5 AWD, and I found teh suspension adequate. I could not tell if there was turbo lag or it was just the tranny being slow to downshift.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Sorry to belabor this issue. Do you notice a difference in turbo lag between T5 and T6. I finally managed to test a T5 AWD, and I found teh suspension adequate. I could not tell if there was turbo lag or it was just the tranny being slow to downshift.
There is a little noticeable turbo lag I think in the T5, the T6 just seems to be ready always and just take off; the Polestar just makes that engine do naughty things, lol! To me the T5 is quick and plenty of HP, but the ECM isn't tuned for aggressive pick up; "S/Sport Mode" helps, but still nowhere near the pick up as the T6.

I love them both and would be happy with just the T5 AWD if it was out when I was looking, but I wanted AWD, not FWD.

·
Registered
248 Posts
... I could not tell if there was turbo lag or it was just the tranny being slow to downshift.
I'm guessing it's more the latter.

In my Saabs, you really felt the turbo bang in after a pause.
I never feel that kind of obvious lag in the Volvo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts