Registered
9,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
6 Posts
How to join the head shield sections?

Hello,

I am very glad to find this post. Looks like a very interesting solution. I would like to do the same job in my S60 and i am wondering what did you apply to join the sections. In your pictures, it seems like a gray material or a kind of gray glue.

Thank you,

Bryan

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
dougy I haven't asked you, what do you do for a living? youre always working on something and its always (or seems to be mostly) something practical, useful, and just plain better than stock. your R is truly one of kind! thanks for buying an R and sharing all your projects! :beer:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thanks dougy! I needed a solution for my '98 V70R... had to pull all the OE heatshield away from the firewall due to fitment restrictions for my new FPR and fuel surge tank!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Oh. This is very interesting. Did you notice anything significant?

dougy I haven't asked you, what do you do for a living? youre always working on something and its always (or seems to be mostly) something practical, useful, and just plain better than stock. your R is truly one of kind! thanks for buying an R and sharing all your projects!
+1 That MAF sensor you made was pretty awesome I'd love to see it in the market

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello,

I am very glad to find this post. Looks like a very interesting solution. I would like to do the same job in my S60 and i am wondering what did you apply to join the sections. In your pictures, it seems like a gray material or a kind of gray glue.

Thank you,
thanks bryan, I bought mine from lowes ...fireproof/fireplace caulk...i bought it for 6 $ but i would recommend something bette cause the one I have it does crack....something like this might be better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LOT-2-R...649?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c159eb051

dougy I haven't asked you, what do you do for a living? youre always working on something and its always (or seems to be mostly) something practical, useful, and just plain better than stock. your R is truly one of kind! thanks for buying an R and sharing all your projects! :beer:
thanks tspot...USPS = mailman.

Thanks dougy! I needed a solution for my '98 V70R... had to pull all the OE heatshield away from the firewall due to fitment restrictions for my new FPR and fuel surge tank!
not a problem Nick.

Oh. This is very interesting. Did you notice anything significant?

+1 That MAF sensor you made was pretty awesome I'd love to see it in the market
thank you Koreanboy827... without heat-shield it is hot inside and with this one on there is no heat inside of the cabin.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ohhhhh... But truthfully I don't really feel too much heat inside the cabin when I drive

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ohhhhh... But truthfully I don't really feel too much heat inside the cabin when I drive
why would you if you have your original cloth heat shield there... you would not feel any heat on the inside..once it starts to fall apart and look like crap then you might.

Dougy, out of interest, have you noticed a difference in heat in the cabin / or for anywhere that matters after doing this ?
it is comparable to stock but NO cloth material and in comparison to with or without heat-shield...without any heat-shield it is hot inside and with this one , there is no heat inside of the cabin.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
why would you if you have your original cloth heat shield there... you would not feel any heat on the inside..once it starts to fall apart and look like crap then you might.

it is comparable to stock but NO cloth material and in comparison to with or without heat-shield...without any heat-shield it is hot inside and with this one , there is no heat inside of the cabin.
Plus the added benefits that if something flammable were to spray or leak onto this it won't soak up a bunch of liquid which could be a problem if it were a flammable fluid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts