SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Obviously nobody from around here. The DRL software is standard and the foglights look too much like standard bulb output.
I don't see wheels flush with fender lips from spacers and there are no pieces of poly bushings showing anywhere.
No evidence of FMIC and the ground clearance from front spoiler to ground is excessive.
How can you drive an R like that?
Leave well enough alone is just so wrong!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Obviously nobody from around here. The DRL software is standard and the foglights look too much like standard bulb output.
I don't see wheels flush with fender lips from spacers and there are no pieces of poly bushings showing anywhere.
No evidence of FMIC and the ground clearance from front spoiler to ground is excessive.
How can you drive an R like that?
Leave well enough alone is just so wrong!
My R describes each one of those, and I'm on here. Some people do like keeping their car stock. Lol.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
OK, I'll 'fess up. I have received an OBX downpipe but have not installed it. I have a 185K mile car with catalyst efficiency code that I have monitored and know is a tired cat. Performance DP and a decent cat welded in by me is cheaper than cheap direct fit cats in standard dimension pipe. All I have done so far are optimizations and necessary replacement. Ball joint and alignment, front CV joint on rear prop shaft, some bulbs, and a whole lot of taking apart and inspecting to see where my month old high miler stands.
I'll do some easy things but mostly it will remain stock too.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
That thar is funny! :D

I wonder if that R is a manual transmission. That would suck in stop-n-go traffic. If I get caught in traffic like that, I try to keep a constant speed by remaining in 1st or 2nd gear at idle as I creep along. I'm sure the people behind me are honked off, but I don't repeatedly accelerate only to hit my brakes. Steady as she goes...

I found that intersection:

As viewed on Google Maps. Westbound I-94 Exit 234B near Cedar Avenue, Minneapolis, MN. I'm such a dork. :facepalm:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts