SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions?

Does anyone know a good garage shop around Pittsburgh PA?
I'm looking for a shop that not only is competent but also takes careful care of our cars, does not damage it in anyway (I'm very particulate about the condition of my car), and is comfortable with performance modification without being pushy or arrogant. I have a Volvo not a Porsche :p

Otherwise, what's the best way to find such garage shop?

I have some imported wheels and a tire to be change. I'm concerned to let any kind of place swap the tire and not care for the wheels...
At the same time I'm always on the look out for some honest and hard working shop that would provide me an alternative to the dealership to do general maintenance and repair on a newer model Volvo.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump . . .

I may not get enough exposure here :p

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
TG,

I can't think of any real mechanic shop; I do most of my work but my transmission work was done at my brother's friends' shop on Liberty Ave. As for where to take the wheels, take it anywhere 'known' like Sears or such, because they carry higher insurances and if they damage your wheel, they have insurance to replace. I took my wheels to get mounted at Pepboys (except I had my buddy in North Hills mount tires on my 20's as Pepboys couldn't go that high in that area) in Bridgeville because my friend is the General Manager and a buddy was the lead tech, so I was covered both ways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts