SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my 2015.5 XC70 T6 about three weeks ago and finally get some pics posted I snapped today after washing my car. It is Crystal white exterior with Hazel interior. I love the dark grey inserts on the wheels, it helps hide the brake dust between wheel cleans. Enjoy.

Exterior

Interior

·
Registered
565 Posts
Said it before and I'll say it again, love the classic design of the XC70 ��

·
Registered
136 Posts
Excellent color choice! I hate silver, black exteriors and black interior.
Is that the 6 cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excellent color choice! I hate silver, black exteriors and black interior.
Is that the 6 cylinder.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Then you'd hate all my previous cars which have been either silver or grey with black interiors LOL! This time around I wanted something different but it took me a while of sitting on the fence over white but I love it now. I've always wanted a hazel interior but never pulled the trigger until this combo was available.

Yes, this is the T6 engine (3 litre turbo inline 6) that will no longer be available for the 2016 model year. I test drove the new Drive-E engine but to me it felt like an economy car. It totally lacked refinement and with this 4250lbs vehicle it strained to get out of it's own way. Something I felt was not befitting an almost $50K price tag. I then took this out and absolutely loved it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Said it before and I'll say it again, love the classic design of the XC70 ��
It is indeed. I see you have a 2015.5 XC60. How do you like it? Which engine option did you go with?

My last 5 vehicles have been SUV's and decided I wanted something more car like from a driving perspective but still needed the space and that left me with very few choices. In addition to test driving this I also test drove the MB E-350 wagon and really liked it. It was essentially almost the same from a ride, performance and features perspective except the price tag was $18K more for a similarly equipped E-class wagon compared to the XC70 T6. Because it was so close to the XC70 in almost every respect I could not justify the price difference and happily went with the Volvo.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
GORGEOUS!!! I really like the color combo. I'm glad to read some honest feedback on the Drive-E systems, too. It's simply not enough engine for a car this size, imho. Then again, the T6 most definitely feels good when you stomp on it. Is all that power needed? Probably not. Is it a hoot to have? SURE IS!!

As for Swedenvolvo dude hating black cars with black interiors, I am VERY happy with my color combo (black on black). I find it to be elegant and sinister at the same time. I've plastidipped most of the "metal" trim black and wrapped the walnut interior trim with brush black metallic vinyl. It's a cohesive setup.

That being said, I have yet to see a color combo on the P3 XC70s that doesn't look good. Even the maroon is nice on this car.

Anyway, Fleuger...ENJOY!!!!!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
My first SUV and so far so good. Tested both xc70 and xc60. I wasn't able to find an xc70 with auto-dim outside rear view mirrors and when driving the 70, I wasn't able to rest my left arm on the arm rest but I sure liked the looks and seat/ride comfort of the 70 over the 60.

I tested the 3.0 turbo in both. I wouldn't go any other way. Hopefully the price of gas stays low. ��

·
Registered
544 Posts
It is a lovely car!

My $0.02 is that I prefer a dark interior and lightish outside (like sandish or gray). As I'm afraid the light interior marks and a dark exterior shows marks. Of course what I prefer is not what I have at the moment! :) Dark interior, Dark blue (Caspian blue) exterior!

The white and hazel does work!

Never test driven a drive-E, but I do agree this car is heavy and needs power. Drove the 3.2 here (Colorado) and when accelerating to merge onto the Interstate I thought I'd be rammed from behind. Needless to say we drove straight back to the dealer and pulled the trigger on the T6 (with Polestar as the first add on!).

Will wait and see what they end up with the V90CC range and what have you.

I love Volvo in every-way and just hate the Merc interiors (also the idea that you name your company after your daughter - nice to show recognition but think of something imaginative!).

Right back to yours! Did you get the tech package? We didn't and I still wonder if I should have.

That passenger WeatherTech looks pretty good. I couldn't (and still can't really) tell the color difference, unless you said!

·
Registered
149 Posts
When are you having the Polestar tune done? ☺ you wont be sorry...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I do love the new metallic/pearl white colors that Volvo started offering. Plain white is in itself a nice color for an XC70 but the metallic/pearl ones are a nice touch (I think the pearl one is named inscription something? I think it's pearl at least).

Just out of curiosity, are those carpets Volvos? Or something produced by a 3rd party?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do love the new metallic/pearl white colors that Volvo started offering. Plain white is in itself a nice color for an XC70 but the metallic/pearl ones are a nice touch (I think the pearl one is named inscription something? I think it's pearl at least).

Just out of curiosity, are those carpets Volvos? Or something produced by a 3rd party?
Those are weather Tech rubber floor mats but I ordered the wrong colour. I thought the carpets were Grey but they're black. Eventually I'll probably get black ones as these bother me :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When are you having the Polestar tune done? ☺ you wont be sorry...
I'm just about to hit a thousand miles on the car now so opening it up on the highways here a bit. We have Highway 130 on the east side of Austin and has speed limit up to 85 Mph so pushed her briefly to 95 Mph. Unfortunately my BMW motorcycle has a big service coming up which typically runs around $700 so need to take care of that first.

Should I go IPD rear sway bar first or the Polestar first?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right back to yours! Did you get the tech package? We didn't and I still wonder if I should have.
I have all the options I believe but the tech package. It wasn't something in particular I was looking for as most of the key features of that package I doubt I'd use very often and there were no T6's in the immediate area with T6 and the Tech Package.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My first SUV and so far so good. Tested both xc70 and xc60. I wasn't able to find an xc70 with auto-dim outside rear view mirrors and when driving the 70, I wasn't able to rest my left arm on the arm rest but I sure liked the looks and seat/ride comfort of the 70 over the 60.

I tested the 3.0 turbo in both. I wouldn't go any other way. Hopefully the price of gas stays low. ��
I agree, I also can't rest my arm on the armrest but I do on the window-ledge above it so it's comfortable. So you felt the same about the 3.0 engine then that I did. The engine isn't too bad as long as you don't have a heavy foot too often. :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GORGEOUS!!! I really like the color combo. I'm glad to read some honest feedback on the Drive-E systems, too. It's simply not enough engine for a car this size, imho. Then again, the T6 most definitely feels good when you stomp on it. Is all that power needed? Probably not. Is it a hoot to have? SURE IS!!

Anyway, Fleuger...ENJOY!!!!!!!
Totally agree about that motor and thanks. I'm excited my baby won't be subjected to MA winter and all that comes with that.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone buy the Volvo VIP extended warranty? I got a quote from the finance manager at University Volvo who offers very good pricing to swedespeed members. I got a great quote for 7Yr/85K miles for $1870 with $200 deductible. That beat my local dealer by $480 which is insane. I'm on the fence about getting it but I have some time to make the decision.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
What is the factory? 3/36? If you plan on keeping the car, I would go for it. My car was a CPO, and I would've purchased an extended plan if it wasn't. This car can be pretty expensive to fix down the road.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What is the factory? 3/36? If you plan on keeping the car, I would go for it. My car was a CPO, and I would've purchased an extended plan if it wasn't. This car can be pretty expensive to fix down the road.
Factory is 4 yrs/50K miles. What major issues, if any, have you faced with your XC70?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts