SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, you guys were right. You can never get that depth look from a silver car. I was able to get it to have as much acrylic coating look to it as possible.<P>Now, some of you were saying it is possible to apply a layer of wax on top of this and still manage to have them bond to these polymer sealant. Is it really possible for the Zaino's, too? I just don't want to spend another $20 or so to buy wax and find out they won't bond with Zaino.<P>Thank you all for the tips and help~!<P>

·
Registered
20 Posts
The wax will go over the Zaino and bond fine. Some have not been happy with the results though but maybe you will like it, try it and see. If your'e not happy you can do a dawn wash to strip the wax and then go back to Zainoing. Make sure you don't use a cleaner wax or anything that has abbraisives in it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Make sure you use a pure paste carnuba wax or glaze as in the Zymol glazes. Wax in a bottle usually has a lot of petroluem oils in it to soften the wax. Use a natural wax, they look better. I cant believe anyone wouldnt like the look of a good carnuba wax, especially over Zaino, but who knows. Its possibel they didnt apply it right, use the right kind of wax, or just dont like the look and depth of a carnuba wax.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The_one_n_only:<BR><B>Yeah, you guys were right. You can never get that depth look from a silver car. I was able to get it to have as much acrylic coating look to it as possible.<P>Now, some of you were saying it is possible to apply a layer of wax on top of this and still manage to have them bond to these polymer sealant. Is it really possible for the Zaino's, too? I just don't want to spend another $20 or so to buy wax and find out they won't bond with Zaino.<P>Thank you all for the tips and help~!<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i have found that on my black c70.. the wax on TOP of zaino doesnt do much but take away a bit of the shine. i was using meguiars gold class if it makes a diff.<P>i stick with z-5 because my car is black and always has new swirls or small marks. since your car is silver..stick with z-2. its good.<P>the wax will add a slight yellow tint/hue that most people will not notice.<P>also.. the wax will not BOND with the zaino layers.. but it can be applied on top. if you do not like your look... dawn wash the car and apply one more layer of zaino z2. only a few synthetic products will layer. waxes do not layer. they rub out the previous coat each time a new one is applied.<P>good luck kai<P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts