SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having purchased the car a year ago completely stock, I couldnt stand the look of it without the body kit...at the same time, I also didnt want to shell out $1500 for a new kit. So, with a bit of patience and luck on the forum, I was able to piece together a complete kit for a fraction of the cost.
FYI - I was able to get a killer deal on Elevate skirts, so I jumped on those.
BTW, my paint guy had to fill, sand and fill some more the skirts....they way they come from Elevate is pretty rough...so keep that in mind...
Installing the kit was apiece of cake, although it required me to take the rear wheels off in order to be able to screw the screws.....

Anyways...enjoy the pics
This is what the car looked like when I bough it...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: Finally pieced together a body kit (bpray9223)

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Finally pieced together a body kit (jstro)

Quote, originally posted by elpresspl »
Show off...

Looks good Tommy! Keep up the good work!

Art

Thanks Art
Hope to see you at Carslile

Quote, originally posted by jstro »
well done, so what was the final cost?

Less than $500 for the whole kit, including the CF middle piece.
I also got a good deal on paint

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
FV-QR

Looks sweet man!!
What about a rear spoiler to go with this?

Could be the photo angle but on the tailpipe, it looks a little close to the edge of the rear opening.

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: FV-QR (IwantaS60R)

Quote, originally posted by IwantaS60R »
Looks sweet man!!
What about a rear spoiler to go with this?

Could be the photo angle but on the tailpipe, it looks a little close to the edge of the rear opening.

I was thinking about the rear spoiler, but I sort of like the sleek look of the car without it.

And yes - you're right...the tail pipe is very close to the edge. I need to adjust it, although I'm waiting on new exhaust tips so I'll fix it when that happens

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: FV-QR (tomedkaz)

Quote, originally posted by tomedkaz »

I was thinking about the rear spoiler, but I sort of like the sleek look of the car without it.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it at IKEA. I like the sleek look too, but I can't help but think what it would look like with one of the CFW upper rear window spoilers.

Although mike (fasts60r) and I had issues with their quality in the past.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Re: Finally pieced together a body kit (tomedkaz)

Quote, originally posted by tomedkaz »
Less than $500 for the whole kit, including the CF middle piece.
I also got a good deal on paint

Wow,
great job at being resourceful

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (DevolvR)

Quote, originally posted by DevolvR »
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif Now all you need is some nicer wheels

Man, I need to catch up to you tomedkaz!

Heheh...actually all I'm gonna do is refinish the pegs with some nice silver paint...there are a lot of scratches on my wheels made by the previous owner...

I have yet to find an 18 inch rim which would look better than the peg on an R...if I could I'd go with 19 inchers but the roads here wouldn't allow for it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: (tomedkaz)

I think you were interested in buying my body kit when I was thinking about removing it. I'm glad it worked out for you, the car looks great. BTW, I like the stock wheels too. Mine are also scuffed from the previous owner but I'm too cheap to do anything about it.

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (flyboy621)

Quote, originally posted by flyboy621 »
I think you were interested in buying my body kit when I was thinking about removing it. I'm glad it worked out for you, the car looks great. BTW, I like the stock wheels too. Mine are also scuffed from the previous owner but I'm too cheap to do anything about it.

Hehe I was trying to jump on any opportunity out there...but eventually it all worked out
I'm glad I went with Elevate skirts - they're slightly bigger than OEM and give the car a more aggressive look
BTW you can refinish your wheels for about $100 DIY... I'll be tackling that task pretty soon...I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.