SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night I picked up our ride and it's all that I expected and more!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
OMG just B E A U T I F U L !!! :heart: :cool: :) Congratulations :thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Wow, it looks GREAT!! Congratulations.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful, congratulations! Can you comment on the ride with the 22's? I worry about it being too rough, even with the 4 corner air suspension, plus the $2500 tire replacement cost worries me. BUT, they really make that car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Beautiful, congratulations! Can you comment on the ride with the 22's? I worry about it being too rough, even with the 4 corner air suspension, plus the $2500 tire replacement cost worries me. BUT, they really make that car.
Tire replacement cost won't be $2,500 if you go from 275/35R22 to 285/35R22. The tire size that comes with the car is made by just one company which is why it is so expensive. At 285/35R22, you can find tires starting at $130.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Tire replacement cost won't be $2,500 if you go from 275/35R22 to 285/35R22. The tire size that comes with the car is made by just one company which is why it is so expensive. At 285/35R22, you can find tires starting at $130.
Exactly! Plus wider tires look better too :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Beautiful - congratulations!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OMG just B E A U T I F U L !!! :heart: :cool: :) Congratulations :thumbup:
Wow, it looks GREAT!! Congratulations.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Looks amazing, finally someone got an R Design with the 22's!!!!!!!!!
Nice, Thor's hammer looks great on that Crystal White
Beautiful!!!!!
Thank you, Brutus99, Yannis (and you're help throughout!), djpeakSD, glider8 and volvokhaled... It is a beautiful ride that handled really well during my relatively short but very comfortable ride!!! I'm very satisfied and HAPPY!!!:D:cool:;)

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tire replacement cost won't be $2,500 if you go from 275/35R22 to 285/35R22. The tire size that comes with the car is made by just one company which is why it is so expensive. At 285/35R22, you can find tires starting at $130. Sent from my iPhone
That definitely makes them much more bearable!
Exactly! Plus wider tires look better too :D
Thanks Malu59RT, But I'll tell you that there is nothing to worry about the ride being too rough and with the 4 corner AS, I didn't feel or detect anything rough about it, even with the 22s, that are stunning!!! Regarding the cost factor, I agree with the other posts quoted above and prefer to think that other options will be had in the future - and that's where it is, at least for me, in the future!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Goregous. Makes me stomach waiting the extra 4 months for the R. Is it just the reflection or is the grill chrome/metal plated?
Thanks Triggerhappy and the wait, although trying at times, has bee worth it!!! :D The look on the grill is caused by the reflection, it's black...

Beautiful - congratulations!
Thank you 26GAP! ;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Looks great, i wish my r design had the 22's on it, the dealer had one on the lot with 22's but was sold already. Couldn't complain though to find a r design on the lot without the wait. I thought about buying the 22's as they can be had for around $2300 with tires direct from Volvo, but debating to just go to a completely different style wheel in a 22.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts