Discussion Starter #41

·
Registered
16,525 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well, the PCV system and rear cam seal jobs are done. Next time, if I have to do it again, I'll be taking the fan out and maybe the radiator to get more access. My arms look like I got into a fight with a mountain lion.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yeah its not the funnest job. Did you unbolt and slide the alternator over to get better access to that PITA banjo bolt on the intake manifold ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Nope. I did not. I get a medal, right?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
You get a medal in my book. I've done it both ways and it's still a PITA. Do you have VIDA/DICE for future diagnostics ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Nope. Nor do I have a windows laptop, just big ass gaming pcs and a chromebook. I know there is a guy here that sells them specifically for Vida though.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nice score, I wish my VR was a '00! When I first got mine I was in a similar (not same) boat you are in with frustration. I had to start with replacing my rear nivomats and have done a lot of unf*ucking of things that PO's did since. It gets better with time! LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Any thoughts on MTC vs Hutchison vs Volvo engine mounts? Also, anyone running the billet IPD upper and lower torque mounts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Where in cali are you both? I'm in sonoma county.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Santa Rosa

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Volvo mounts then?
TBH, the last time I bought engine mounts I went with Hutch cause it was 1/2 as much as Volvo. That car's tranny AW55 blew up, was junked, so I guess I made the right decision, haha!The torque rod's rubber gets destroyed, so I'd just order from FCP to get lifetime warranty.

Where in cali are you both? I'm in sonoma county.
looks like you and mos are neighbors!

·
Registered
279 Posts
TBH, the last time I bought engine mounts I went with Hutch cause it was 1/2 as much as Volvo. That car's tranny AW55 blew up, was junked, so I guess I made the right decision, haha!The torque rod's rubber gets destroyed, so I'd just order from FCP to get lifetime warranty.

looks like you and mos are neighbors!
Looks like it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
Any thoughts on MTC vs Hutchison vs Volvo engine mounts? Also, anyone running the billet IPD upper and lower torque mounts?

Following on the engine mounts, I have to order some too.

But I tend to choose rubber over poly. I had a poly upper engine torque mount on my VR and the NVH was horrible when stationary (in park and at lights). I swapped it for a rubber mount and my vibrations decreased. Not 0, because I'm sure my other engine mounts are toast, but much better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Following on the engine mounts, I have to order some too.

But I tend to choose rubber over poly. I had a poly upper engine torque mount on my VR and the NVH was horrible when stationary (in park and at lights). I swapped it for a rubber mount and my vibrations decreased. Not 0, because I'm sure my other engine mounts are toast, but much better.
Well I guess its rubber for the win then. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
So I have a big post coming soon. Lot's happened in a good and bad way but the STRANGEST thing just happened and I'm stumped. I got home and needed to move the wagon out of the drive way. The battery was dead and I realized that the left blinker was "stuck on". Front, fender and rear were all solid on and the left turn signal indicator on the dash was solid on. I of course hit the googles and the forums to find out why the hell this would happen. One post said that old bulbs could cause the problem. Cool. Pulled every blinker bulb and the fender marker bulbs. Nope, not the problem. More googles. Forum said the light switch. Pulled it, they stayed on. Not the problem. Said to hell with it and pulled the hazard fuse. They all went off, put it back in and they started flashing. Power cycled the hazard switch inside the car and problem was gone. What the actual hell. Anyone had this problem before?

41 - 60 of 61 Posts