SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
15,964 Posts
Pull the cam sensor and see what's going on in there. Looks like cam seal from that though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is say that's it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,964 Posts
Good news is rear cam seals are REALLY easy with the readily available special tool.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Going inside and spending money immediately. Question is OEM or OE seal????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Congrats on the buy, these vehicles really need a good look over before purchasing, you live and learn. I have a 2000 angle gear that I may be willing to part with, you’ll need to find a driveshaft though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I imagine shipping would be stupid. After I get the angle gear checked out I'll let you know.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would get OEM Seal from dealer. And when your ready to replace the missing grill inserts on the front bumper, make sure to use some silicone on the tabs when installing. They like to pop out when pushed/pulled from parking blocks to speed bumps.

·
Registered
15,964 Posts
I would get a genuine Volvo seal from FCP or Mitchell

Shipping stuff can be done surprisingly cheaply via UPS Ground or USPS flat rate boxes depending on what you're shipping.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I ordered the seal and the tool from FCP. I could have waited for the parts department to open a n Monday but I'd prefer to go through FCP. As far as the vents go, previous owner hit something on the front left and the clip needs some work before I'm putting the vents back in. I'll take your advice on the silicone, for sure. The bracket for the fog lamp is mangled and will need to be repaired.

We still can't decide if we want to go full restoration route or restomod.q

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Buy a new injector or roll with it?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,418 Posts

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
I have spare pintle caps I could send you some if you want?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have spare pintle caps I could send you some if you want?
How hard are they to replace? What are the average lifespans for the greens?

·
Registered
279 Posts
How hard are they to replace? What are the average lifespans for the greens?

If you plan on keeping the car for any reasonable amount of time, I would just send the entire lot for injector cleaning and service. You might spend 20 on a build kit that might temporarily fix the problem but they will still be in need of service at some point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
If you plan on keeping the car for any reasonable amount of time, I would just send the entire lot for injector cleaning and service. You might spend 20 on a build kit that might temporarily fix the problem but they will still be in need of service at some point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
This was my original thought process after pulling the rail. We've got a few local places that specialize in fuel injectors that I'll reach out to.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Everywhere here wants an arm and a leg to flow test, clean and repair. It's literally cheaper to buy new injectors.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Just as an anecdote, I had white injectors with one pintle like that for 10s of thousands of kms, no issues.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Everywhere here wants an arm and a leg to flow test, clean and repair. It's literally cheaper to buy new injectors.

$85 from the place I use. That seems extremely fair?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
21 - 40 of 61 Posts