SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been having the "anti skid service required" popping up once in a while for some time now and i finally paid a visit to the stealership to get my codes read.

BCM-0109 Communication between control units communicational problems with SAS, Internal fault
SAS-000E Steering wheel angle sensor internal fault

those are the codes they were able to pull. does this mean my SAS needs replacement? TIA

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Right, more than likely your looking at SAS replacement. About $600 at the dealer I think. Did they make a recommendation for repairs or reloads?

What happens is it pops up once in a while and will eventually stay lit, ultimately affecting the ability of the DTSC and ABS systems to work fully.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi NJGB! they didnt really make any recommendations. any other options? can i buy a used part and get it installed?im kinda broke right now and dont have $600 to spare.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so its the clockspring? i thought SAS is the one in need of replacement?sorry have no idea about this stuff

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it possible that something is just in need of adjustment?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i talked to a volvo tech that i bought some parts from before said that i need a contact reel and would cost me about $450 including taxes. and said that no SW is required. im clueless with any of these parts!lol

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks NJ!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Replaced my clockspring last night with a used unit. However now the anti skid required msg is constantly on. Does it need to be reset by vida? Or a bad used unit?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
There is a technical journal for this, I think.

The first step is to perform an SAS software upgrade then drive the car in a certain manner (turning the steering wheel and such).

If the message comes back on during the test drive, then the clock spring is to be replaced. If not, ship the car.

I'd say about 90% of the time, the software is all that's needed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts