SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after waiting an extra week I finally got my car back. Installed the new carbon fiber spoiler yesterday too... Here are some close up pics and some good shots showing the clearance difference from stock:

Pulling into the garage is the biggest concern for me, but you can see I havn't lost that much clearance.

Also took the time to install some new Takspeed emblems and finish my boost gauge install:

Modified by UCONNR at 9:32 AM 4-15-2007

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (adamsv70r)

Quote, originally posted by adamsv70r »
Looks amazing! I am planning on the same gauge in the same location, and PROBABLY the same lip! Sorry to copy!
a.s.

Thanks, But I'm definetly not the originator of either mod... Copy all you want!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: (legbend)

Cut open up your fog light grill vents, then spray-paint them gloss black w/a can of spray paint specifically meant for outdoor plastic toys @ local HD or Lowes. Then, you will have a finished look to that awesome VST front end!

Edit: You cut opened the driver side but not the passenger side?
Noticed the custom CAI too...interesting. Why not the Kelly CAI?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (legbend)

Quote, originally posted by legbend »
Can the lip be moved farther back? Not saying you need to... just curious

I think you could do it. You would just have to push back the metal mounts for he stock splitters then drill the rest of the holes according to where spoiler holes line up.

This is where the spoiler mounts on the ends. They are metal so you could slightly move them back if you wanted to:

I mounted the stock locations on the ends first to mark where I would need to drill for the other holes:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Short Circuit)

Quote, originally posted by Short Circuit »
Cut open up your fog light grill vents, then spray-paint them gloss black w/a can of spray paint specifically meant for outdoor plastic toys @ local HD or Lowes. Then, you will have a finished look to that awesome VST front end!

Edit: You cut opened the driver side but not the passenger side?
Noticed the custom CAI too...interesting. Why not the Kelly CAI?

Front grill, fog light grill and headlight surround will all be painted either a mat black or paint matched to the car. I'll be opening up the other grill too. I'm leaning more towards the mat black since I'm not planning on painting the moldings and the mat finish I think will go well

Bought the R-Kelly kit but broke the inlet piece (my mom ran it over while I was doing the install
)

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (UCONNR)

Quote, originally posted by UCONNR »
Bought the R-Kelly kit but broke the inlet piece (my mom ran it over while I was doing the install
)

And I'm doing my best to get him a replacement, but I have to order the intakes in bulk from Europe, and I don't want to have a bunch of extras while I'm sorting out the outlets...

UCONNR - reccomend you completely open up the fog light grills, both sides inner and outer, just looks a lot cleaner IMO.

VST and blitz are http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: Finally got my car back!!!! VST Install and some other goodies. (mike_c70)

mike_c70 said:
How did you mount the front spoiler?
QUOTE]
1/2 dozen screws

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Finally got my car back!!!! VST Install and some other goodies. (mike_c70)

Quote, originally posted by mike_c70 »
Very nice!!! I've had my VST kit for over a year in the garage waiting for install.

How did you mount the front spoiler?

BTW, did you paint the sides of the spoiler?
http://i44.photobucket.com/alb...7.jpg
You can see a definite cutoff between the CF and where I guess it's painted.

Its really easy.

First mount one side (get a helper to help hold the other side. Car has to be jacked up in the front. I used a garage basket to help me out:

THen once the sides were on I just put the lip in its place and drilled some holes directly through the prexisiting holes on the spoiler.

Then 5 bolts with self locking nuts that came with the spoiler holds everything in place

That piece is not painted its just the way the reflection off the carbon material

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

And I'm doing my best to get him a replacement, but I have to order the intakes in bulk from Europe, and I don't want to have a bunch of extras while I'm sorting out the outlets...

UCONNR - reccomend you completely open up the fog light grills, both sides inner and outer, just looks a lot cleaner IMO.

VST and blitz are http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks!!! I'm planning on cutting out teh passenger one. I just got really lazy and unmotivated after watching that beautful inlet get crushed right before my eyes.

Modified by UCONNR at 6:36 AM 4-16-2007

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.