SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 240 DL for a few years and during that entire time the cruise control ECU has never worked. I'd done some casual searches online and called a number of boneyards around the Inland NW, but found nothing. Yesterday I got determined in my search and found one via car-part.com. I almost bid on one on ebay, but opted out when the price hit $100. I was able to get mine for $45, and the boneyard in UTAH is shipping it for free. Sweet.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Wow! I have not actively been looking for one for mine, but I am coming to realize that I may need one for my car if I am to do any truly long haul driving. I have a 92 with a 5spd, and other than leather (GL) that's realy the only thing it does not have. Can you give me the web address if they have one? It's possibly a remote chance that there would be another but you never know and it pays to have your eyes open in all the right places.

BTW, you're from Spokane. My folks are from there. We drive out every other year from Virginia. I love it there! Dry, cool and the cars last just about forever.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kowalski-
The web site is www.car-parts.com. You can do some very detailed searches. The site basically links you to a number of boneyards' databases across the U.S. It brings up the matches in a nice table format showing the price (if listed). Good Luck. I searched just in the Pac NW and got 5 hits with prices ranging from $45-$100.

Yeah, Spokane's great. Dry, 4 seasons, plenty of snow in Winter, great lakes in the Summer, but the roads here are brutal. Major ruts in the interstate and potholes galore.

Later!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thanks, Hopefully I'll be able to find something. Although, I'm really in no hurry. I have a plethora of parts to install on my car like keyless entry, a tach, voltmeter, small clock, stiffer springs, some bushings, and an air horn. I have all this stuff just sitting around waiting for me to get the time at a shop or space in the back yard.
It's all about lovin' on the Volvo. Treat her right and she'll never leave you stranded.

Yeah, I did notice the roads are terrible there. To get some good driving in, you almost have to drive to Oregon. But the family has a cabin at Newman Lake and the mountain roads there are a real kick. Still, not too smooth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts