SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needless to say, I was very pleased she cranked over on the first try.......
I'll be adding a lower Mesh Grill and Blacking out the Headlight Housing....but she is pretty much there. She needs a complete detail but I think she is worthy of making an appearance to my fellow Swedespeeders.....
I will post all the goodies I added later...
I had a vision and I hope she turns a few heads....what do you guys think?

Sorry, this one is a bit blurry

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like those wheels, what kind are they?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Nice wheels,whoever suggested those must have great taste in wheels :D

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I like those wheels, what kind are they?
Think they are the Team Dynamics wheels sold by Viva.

Looks pretty good. My R is a twin, albeit without the body kit. The orange calipers get lots of compliments. :thumbup:

Need more info on what you did to it!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The wheels are OZ ultralaggera
18X8 super light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice, have been silently following your build since you posted about the powder-coated parts :D Any pictures of the underside?

BUT your sport kit in incomplete without a lip so don't mind me mentioning either the fiber glass or carbon fiber option we carry :p http://bit.ly/1NEqZg6

The only photos I have of the Chassis braces / sways and toe's and exhaust are these:

I am lacking the Square Front Lower Viva Brace. I have it, it's powdercoated but unable to fit due to the size of the Elevate DP.

I did get a tutorial by another member here on modifying the brace so I will be doing that when I get a chance......

And for the record, I do like the lips you offer....

I'm just not convinced I'm going to keep her. I know that sounds crazy but I've had my eye on a C30. It's not as Mean but something tickles me about it...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it looks great and congratulations...pics of progress and what all you did would really help to understand the depth of your built.

I wish I had a ton of pics but I don't....I didn't think about doing it until almost the end and thought that it was pretty useless at that point..

I'll make a list of everything I have done to the car and post it later...take some more pics here in the next few days...etc....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh ya......On Saturday I got a letter back from the CA DMV declining my request for license plate "QIK BRIK". They said it makes reference to drugs..lol

I called and I have to submit a letter with proof of it's meaning in detail....

STUPID!

I told the lady....google "where did the Volvo Brick come from" and you would get 100 hits!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Looks very nice. Who did the caliper power coating and what was cost? I'm thinking of having a set done for my S60 T5

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
His name is Mike The PowderCoater. He did the Brembos only. He is located in Georgia. A Damn fine job. He splits them.....saves and reserves the seals and puts them back together again. He has completed over 2,500 sets of Brembos. Price is a reflection of an excellent job THAT IS DONE PROPERLY . $450 shipped. hIS WEBSITE Tell him Dave the Hollyburn Volvo guy sent you ------ >http://thepowdercoater.com/

He is presently not taking any more orders to do HIGH DEMAND. I can put in a word for you if you are serious.

he let me choose my own color that had to be specially ordered. He is a great guy.

Could I have simply painted my Calipers....yep. Could I have had them done without being split by someone who does general powdercoating? Yep...

Did I pay a lot? Yep...

Am I losing sleep over it? NOPE....

Am I happy? You betcha!

All other Powdercoating was done locally.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that sucks...that is one monstrous DP though.
I'll get it worked out.

I just want to land a used UR / Viva Strut Bar.....I would like to match the other material as best as I can.......because I will obviously have to cut the brace....once it's cut it will not fit obviously...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
See the OEM Cat in the background? haha..it's for sale if you want it.......It's been Hollowed out........I guess you could say it's either CATless or it's a straight pipe....lol

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
His name is Mike The PowderCoater. He did the Brembos only. He is located in Georgia. A Damn fine job. He splits them.....saves and reserves the seals and puts them back together again. He has completed over 2,500 sets of Brembos. Price is a reflection of an excellent job THAT IS DONE PROPERLY . $450 shipped. hIS WEBSITE Tell him Dave the Hollyburn Volvo guy sent you ------ >http://thepowdercoater.com/

He is presently not taking any more orders to do HIGH DEMAND. I can put in a word for you if you are serious.

he let me choose my own color that had to be specially ordered. He is a great guy.

Could I have simply painted my Calipers....yep. Could I have had them done without being split by someone who does general powdercoating? Yep...

Did I pay a lot? Yep...

Am I losing sleep over it? NOPE....

Am I happy? You betcha!

All other Powdercoating was done locally.
Thanks for the info. I'm not ready to do this yet but when I do, I know where to send them. I may have some BMW customers who would be interested in his work as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts