SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this here as well as in the XC 60 forum because this is the BEST Volvo I have ever driven!
I really couldn't fault it in any major way and in fact there's really nothing that I DIDN'T like about it

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
That coming from you is pretty telling- I like what I've seen but not driven one yet.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Yeah, I was REALLY suprised.. really nice vehicle.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Re: (850arrrsaylikepirate)

I really enjoyed my drive as well. The interior was fantastic! I actually preferred it to the Audi Q5 I looked at yestarday, and that is saying something for me, because I love Audis. The XC60 is a home-run hit for Volvo, and I think it will do very well.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: (Logan2224)

Just built this on the www to my specs...

"2010 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD TOTAL(MSRP) $51,772"

Nice ride but a bit teuer and the EPA 22mpg highway is about 10mpg less than the real-world 31.4mpg I get in my '09 Forester with small non-turbo 4-cylinder and 4-speed auto.

George Dill

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Re: (gdill2)

Quote, originally posted by gdill2 »
Nice ride but a bit teuer and the EPA 22mpg highway is about 10mpg less than the real-world 31.4mpg I get in my '09 Forester with small non-turbo 4-cylinder and 4-speed auto.

That's an annual cost difference of appr. $390 (assuming 15,000 miles and $1.91/gal, the current U.S. average).

Also, you're comparing the EPA mileage for the XC60 with your (very high) real world mileage for the Subaru Forester. The EPA highway mileage for the Forester is 26 mpg, which makes the difference even smaller. Either use EPA numbers for both or real world numbers for both (hard for the XC60), but don't mix and match if you want an accurate comparison.

Subaru makes perfectly ok cars (I drive one myself), but they're not super fuel efficient. The difference, in real world terms, is fairly modest.

·
Registered
788 Posts

Wow, I just must be cheap at heart. The one I built is $39,485...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: (cdauerer)

Had mine built with everything but Nav and ACC for $37K. That is including tax and delivery to Germany.

·
Administrator
55,950 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gdill2 »

George Dill

I'd like to see more of these small-mid SUVs get higher 20s, low 30s. VW has the TDI Touareg ($39k) with an EPA of 25 and if, like other TDIs, it may be real world 30mpg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.