SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She can't understand why I'm so opposed to taking her Highlander on long trips with the kids. Idk, maybe it's bc mine is more comfortable and (mostly) drives itself. But screw me I guess. Anyway, the cargo space in her car was always the prevailing argument. Not anymore. :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
, I love it. Car is gorgeous, and I'm sure riding in that is much more comfortable and elegant. Even the storage up top looks solid and slick. Safe travels for you and the fam!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
She can't understand why I'm so opposed to taking her Highlander on long trips with the kids. Idk, maybe it's bc mine is more comfortable and (mostly) drives itself. But screw me I guess. Anyway, the cargo space in her car was always the prevailing argument. Not anymore. :p
+1 Beautiful indeed!

Having considered the Highlander as one option, I am so glad that I went with the XC90 which is equivalent to the 4Runner.

In your case with XC60 and the cargo box, congrats on maki g the prevailing argument. Sounds like a win/win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
760 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I’m still debating upon which model to purchase. I’m wondering if people could let me know why they chose a V 60 or 90 over the XC 60 or 90?

Maybe because it’s a little lower and easier to get into? But I’m wondering with the four corner air suspension with the XC 90, it seems as though you would still have the ability for a lower entry and exit.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m still debating upon which model to purchase. I’m wondering if people could let me know why they chose a V 60 or 90 over the XC 60 or 90?

Maybe because it’s a little lower and easier to get into? But I’m wondering with the four corner air suspension with the XC 90, it seems as though you would still have the ability for a lower entry and exit.

Nora in Florida
Personally I've always preferred sedans over suvs/cross-overs. While my wife likes being in a bigger vehicle up high, I've always preferred being low--I just feel more agile and zippy. I never thought I'd get a wagon (I live in an area of terrible drivers in Subarus), but saw one of these and was blown away how nice it looked. I love it and have no regrets. Maybe after a promotion or two I'll try and convince my wife to get an XC90 lol.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

Nora in Florida
For me it was easy... in MY19 there was no T8 PHEV available for the V60. I have air suspension and don’t feel like the XC60’s height affects its handling much for suburban NJ. If I lived in an area that had great driving roads that were part of my regular travels, I might feel differently.

Also there’s more variety of options, color and interiors on dealers lots with the XC series.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hahahaha. My husband and I have the exact same set up except he has the Highlander and I have an Osmium grey T6 V60 with a Thule cargo box. We just took the V60 on a 2000 mile road trip with our two boys and two big dogs. It was a bit tight but we made it work and now he wants to take my car on all our road trips. Such a great ride!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just got my 2020 V60 to add to our 2017 XC90. Having now had some time in both, it's easier to get in and out of the XC90 but the V60 is a better drive. It's no contest for cargo space.

In the end Volvo has some really great cars across their lineup.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Hahahaha. My husband and I have the exact same set up except he has the Highlander and I have an Osmium grey T6 V60 with a Thule cargo box. We just took the V60 on a 2000 mile road trip with our two boys and two big dogs. It was a bit tight but we made it work and now he wants to take my car on all our road trips. Such a great ride!
Wow, you could host your own TV/YouTube series on optimizing your travels and cargo space.

BTW, Keep track of your husband’s usage. Your husband may use your V60 so much that you could use the “credits owed” to buy yourself a new model year and/or model in the “not-to-distant” future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts