SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past spring I was looking hard for a new daily, mainly Saab 9000s and BMW E36's. However, after several candidates, my dad pretty much told me he wanted me to keep the S60 as my daily and get something to tinker on. So I ended up getting a 1985 BMW 325e manual coupe. This is what it currently looks like.

---
So I've been busy with that. And the S60 blew the cam seals over the summer, and by the time we were done fixing it I wanted a break from Volvos. But I'm back. Oh, and I got to hang out with the owner of this 122S, help him work on the brake lights, and got a ride in it!

Keep an eye out for updates. I have some projects for the S60 and the E30 planned in the coming weeks and months.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh, those Pine Barrens!

If you're gonna keep it 2-tone, you really should paint the rocker panels red too. ;)
I'm rocking it as is for now. My friends and I all call it #EDIRTY 😄

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Nice E30. If you happen to need some parts, my shop is parting out a very nice E30 325is. It was wrecked in the front end and we removed the engine today to go into the customers other E30 that his kid wacked the oil pan off and kept driving until the engine seized. The E30 is Red like your bumpers, has a 2 year old dash with no cracks, good rear seats (driver and passenger leather is destroyed), good glass except windshield and best it has a limited slip rear (unsure of ratio), auto trans so no manual swap options. So if you need something, shoot me a PM and I can get pictures and a price quote. My boss got it as partial payment for the engine swap job. Trunk lid has spoiler on it but trunk is very faded red but otherwise no rust on this car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice E30. If you happen to need some parts, my shop is parting out a very nice E30 325is. It was wrecked in the front end and we removed the engine today to go into the customers other E30 that his kid wacked the oil pan off and kept driving until the engine seized. The E30 is Red like your bumpers, has a 2 year old dash with no cracks, good rear seats (driver and passenger leather is destroyed), good glass except windshield and best it has a limited slip rear (unsure of ratio), auto trans so no manual swap options. So if you need something, shoot me a PM and I can get pictures and a price quote. My boss got it as partial payment for the engine swap job. Trunk lid has spoiler on it but trunk is very faded red but otherwise no rust on this car.
Does it have the rear lower valance? Also interested in the dash and maybe LSD.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I will ask my boss tomorrow. We are having a Saturday work on your own car day. I have a complete exhaust from DP to tailpipe to install, front and rear IPD sways and HD endlinks, R boost Gauge, door pins and retainers, Oh and a slight snafu to fix before I left work today, I had one turbo exhaust stud in my V70R strip as it came out. So I used a tap to clean up the threads, tap broke in stripped hole. The Acetylene torch will be my buddy first thing. I was taking the DP off my R so I can put it on my T5. Going to just hollow out the cat going back on the R. They just sound so good with no cat, very nice turbo spooling

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

Was told Dash is $300, LSD $250 plus any shipping. Its hard to see in crappy cell phone pic but dash is really nice. There is a pic of the trunk where you can see that the paint will buff out. We had the Boss's M3 getting Paint Correction today (the Interlagos Blue one in backround) and the detailer showed us what just one quick pass would do on something that bad. I can take more pics if you need anything else.

Cheers

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Was told Dash is $300, LSD $250 plus any shipping. Its hard to see in crappy cell phone pic but dash is really nice. There is a pic of the trunk where you can see that the paint will buff out. We had the Boss's M3 getting Paint Correction today (the Interlagos Blue one in backround) and the detailer showed us what just one quick pass would do on something that bad. I can take more pics if you need anything else.

Cheers
Thanks for the offer but that's outside of my budget for the time being.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
No worries. We just dropped the Engine and trans back in the White car today. I pretty much had our helper do the entire job, I only assisted in actually pulling the engine/trans together and putting it the engine/trans back in as one piece. You definitely have to shoehorn it to do it that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts