SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took 6 weeks in the shop to get this far.

I had the Volvo dealership do the Evolve lowering springs, sway bars and exhaust.

I had C&C collisions in Pasadena do the body kit, hood and paint the engine. Nate did a great job, but he did said this will be his last body kit from Evolve since he had so much trouble with it. They had problems with the front bumper bubbling up on them after painting. The material still developed pockets of air even with no baking involved.

I love the end results. The car handles so much better and I'm having a lot of fun driving it. The amount of attention on the highway and the amount of compliments is incredible

I took out the 10mm spacers in the front. I have 10mm still in the back and I think it's even enough for me.

I had Nate spread out the back up sensors about 4 inches on each side from factory to help with the problems. This looks like it has solve my problem with detection at the corners

The pipe was sanded and painted in black chrome. Finished with a clear coat of candy. The engine covers were shot in Electrical silver with the R in blue candy. I have gloss black hoses on order and I'll shoot the clamps in the same candy blue.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Re: Finally back in my hands (KillerB)

Lovely silver! In regards to the paint job, do you know if they added enough flex agent in the paint??? The front bumper was a tough one to get fitted, but my Volvo dealer fiddled around with it and it is now acceptable to me.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts

Wow! Nice work! Have a overall engine shot? I don't think that I can live without the car for 6 weeks. Was yours out of commission for 6 weeks straight or a total of 6 weeks?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Finally back in my hands (mikewelch7)

Quote, originally posted by mikewelch7 »
Gorgeous! I love the hood work.

Your plate looks European - how does that work in CA?

Mike

Thanks.

I've only been bother by 1 cop about the plates. Just showed him the Swedish Regerstration, Tracking for W&W shipping, and let him know the CA plates are tied up between Customs and DMV. He runs a check on the VIN and your on your way.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Finally back in my hands (Kirb)

Quote, originally posted by Kirb »
In regards to the paint job, do you know if they added enough flex agent in the paint???

Nate actually tried about everything. They shot the front bumper about 8 times with different mixtures to get a bumper with out bubbles. The bubbles were created inside the poly material of the bumper and not the paint itself.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Finally back in my hands (ForceReconTrojan)

Quote, originally posted by ForceReconTrojan »
Looks great. The engine painting was a nice touch.

Thanks Force

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Finally back in my hands (mike_c70)

Quote, originally posted by mike_c70 »
Wow! Nice work! Have a overall engine shot? I don't think that I can live without the car for 6 weeks. Was yours out of commission for 6 weeks straight or a total of 6 weeks?

I'll try to another one for you as soon as the weather dries up, but in the meantime...here is another shot further out

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Finally back in my hands (steamboatsig)

Quote, originally posted by steamboatsig »
Which dealership installed your springs and exhaust? Any hassles?

I used a dealership near my parents in Bakersfield, but I know that Power in Irvine and Orange Volve will do them. It's a little hasstle for them because it's aftermarket, but you'll see it in the price. I had a 4C sensor go out and I took it to the same dealer that did the springs...no problems or questions. Makes it worth it in the end.

·
Registered
906 Posts

Do you have to worry about water entering that hood vent? I noticed evolve sells a cover for it to protect the engine from "harsh weather" - http://www.evolvecars.com/site...0,1,0

I guess you might have to if you use the evolve cai that can be used in conjunction with the hood event.
Nevermind, evolve states:

"Sufficient water drainage and filter shielding is incorporated into the design to eliminate risk of water ingestion by the engine when used with the EVOLVE Hood Grille."

So why would anyone buy a hood vent cover???

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Finally back in my hands (peterjmag)

I see you did the large pipe over the engine. I don't know what that pipe is for? My guess is that it is the intercooer piping?? Did they have to sand all af the peices that were painted? Including the metal piping, engine covers etc. Also can you make sure that they used a "stock paint" not a special heat resistant paint. I am having my shop give me a quote for painting all of this. The only problem is that they think that "stock paint will "spot" or "bubble" over time. Especially that big pipe over the engine. It gets quite hot on a daily basis. Also how much did you pay for all of the engine bay painting. And did you take the parts off and leave them with the shop? Or did they just take them off as they needed? Thanks in advance, It looks GREAT

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
i can't tell what color you painted the turbo pipe over the hood..is it black?

it looks good!

now you need the EVOLVE blue coolant hose and blue engine bushing to match the blue "R" under your hood!!!

looks SWEET!

we need to have a CA meet of all the "EVOLVED" R's!!

Frank Hoffy - you need to come down for it!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

Nicely done - tasteful & unique! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.