SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from Jordan at Volvo Customer Care. He's been working on solving the problem with upgrading my car to Sensus 3.0. When I had my 7500 mile service done, the dealer did not do the upgrade because the computer did not show it as applicable to my car. I knew this was wrong, so I called Volvo and the rep, Jordan, promised to resolve this issue within a week.

Today he called and told me the records had been corrected on the computer. He also called my dealer to make sure they now showed the upgrade and would do it as a warranty item. I know many others have had this same problem getting the 3.0 upgrade done, but it seems that Volvo now has a relatively quick fix if it's brought to their attention. I still don't know how or why so many records got so screwed up, nor did the rep, but at least they are willing and able to fix it on a case by case basis.

I'll call today for my appointment. By the time I manage to get back there, 4.0 will probably be out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out.

I had the same issue and used Volvo support to push it.

Dealer said the computer doesn't show it's available but we'll try it anyway.

There is definitely a disconnect between dealers and Volvo on this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks Saholz! I'm with you...my next service will probably be next August (work from home), so will battle Sensus 4.0 at that time. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not to drag an old thread back, but figured I'd post in this instead of making a new topic. I too was needing a Sensus update to 3.0. I contacted Volvo customer care. Which was fantastic. Got an appointment setup at the dealer today. There was uncertainty that my car 2011 S60 T6 would not accept the 3.0 update. After 5 hours, finally have the car back and unfortunately no update. It would not accept the 3.0. It was worth a try. Reason for me posting this is to notify someone that may be searching for some info. If you own a 2011(especially early '11) your car is probably unlikely to receive an update. Highly appreciate Volvo customer care and the dealer for working on it though :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not to drag an old thread back, but figured I'd post in this instead of making a new topic. I too was needing a Sensus update to 3.0. I contacted Volvo customer care. Which was fantastic. Got an appointment setup at the dealer today. There was uncertainty that my car 2011 S60 T6 would not accept the 3.0 update. After 5 hours, finally have the car back and unfortunately no update. It would not accept the 3.0. It was worth a try. Reason for me posting this is to notify someone that may be searching for some info. If you own a 2011(especially early '11) your car is probably unlikely to receive an update. Highly appreciate Volvo customer care and the dealer for working on it though :)
Not sure that you have received the correct info. My 2011 had the Sensus 3 update applied with no problem. My VIN ends in 3050, how does that compare to yours?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a 2011 with a 63XX VIN and I'm also having issues getting acknowledgement that the update can be applied to my car. I'll try again next visit to the dealer for maintenance. It should be on just a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
2011 V60 vin ending with 3736 and a October 2010 build date (which i think makes it a later 2011 since
they started selling earlier in 2010). 23K miles so it has been in for three services and no Sensus 3.0. The dealer
is very good at applying updates: I have updated transmission software and some Sensus patches.
I even have an update that added Sport mode.

I have not contacted Volvo support on this one. I'll do that and see if the car's vin is just missing from
some sort of master list.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The last four digits of my VIN are 8795. I'm assuming the dealer actually tried to update my sensus and isn't bluffing. It took them around 5 hours from time of drop off and call to pick up, on a Tuesday and morning drop off. I do however have my speculations. It's hard for me to believe that my car wouldn't accept the update. My car is at 33k miles and has been service routinely as scheduled. So would you think it may be worth a shot to try a different dealer? I would accept defeat if the technicalities were explained to me why my car won't take the 3.0 update. Is my software different from later '11's or.... hmm Sport mode would be very wonderful. As well as bluetooth sync to work on my girlfriends phone as well.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The last four digits of my VIN are 8795. I'm assuming the dealer actually tried to update my sensus and isn't bluffing. It took them around 5 hours from time of drop off and call to pick up, on a Tuesday and morning drop off. I do however have my speculations. It's hard for me to believe that my car wouldn't accept the update. My car is at 33k miles and has been service routinely as scheduled. So would you think it may be worth a shot to try a different dealer? I would accept defeat if the technicalities were explained to me why my car won't take the 3.0 update. Is my software different from later '11's or.... hmm Sport mode would be very wonderful. As well as bluetooth sync to work on my girlfriends phone as well.
My car didn't have sport mode when delivered, but one of the earlier TCM updates done at a service provided that feature for me as well.

There have been a number of people who report that the dealer is unable to install the update(s), but it seems with enough persistence most seem to eventually get there.

Based on the VIN, yours was built after mine, so I wouldn't buy the early '11 build line. Another dealer may work, or a call to VCNA.

Keep trying and good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts