SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After removing and replacing the microswitch, solenoid, and testing resistance, voltage, as well as current, I have finally figured out the problem with my shift lock solenoid. After all this time, I found that it was corrosion build up on one of the brake switch contacts, which was keeping the system from working. (One of the strange symptoms was the presence of +13V and good ground, but no solenoid movement.) The contact was badly pitted and laden with carbon. I filed it down and then hit it with a gold plating machine. Works great now. I just wanted to thank everyone that has given me input and also to post my results. In the future, if you have problems with the shift lock solenoid, I would recommend checking the brake pedal switch first as it is easy to get to. I still can not figure why only one of the four contacts was funky, guess time will answer that one. Thanks again for the help.
Prospero
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top