SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally ordered the Ferrita Cat-Back Exhaust from VIVA on Tuesday and it arrived at my mechanics on Wednesday. I dropped my car off this morning and called this afternoon to find out his thoughts and impressions. The first thing he said was how impressed he was with the fit and finish and said kudos to the manufacturers of the exhaust. He also said it sounds great. I picked the car up after work and I was impressed with how it looked up on the lift and how the exhaust fitted. It sounds deeper at start up but, not too loud. Once I drove off, first thing I noticed was my car seemed quicker. In sport mode and shifting manually a real nice difference and deeper note while shifting at higher rpms. If "in the seat of the pants" is worth anything, I can feel it. Anyway, at first I was hesitant spending $1200 on an exhaust especially since none of the YouTube posts give how it sounds justice. Believe me it sounds much better live then any video can capture. Anyway :thumbup::thumbup:. Also want to say thanks to Connor and George at VIVA for recommending it and ensuring me that I'd like it. Sorry for the quality of the pic and dirty car...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks good. Any chance you could get a short video inside the car at WOT?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. Any chance you could get a short video inside the car at WOT?
It'll have to wait till Christmas; unfortunately I just moved and all my stuff is in storage or in the process of delivery. I can use my son's gopro when he comes home. I can tell you this time of year with windows up its a bit deeper and louder then stock.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No drone. Yesterday we hit 50 degrees in Maine. I had an opportunity to drive on the highway at various speeds as well as some nice back roads with the windows up and the windows down and love it. At speed its quiet enough to easily carry on a conversation and when stomped on, it provides a nice deep note. I know it is still not broken in and I'm guessing it should sound even better in a few months (at least that's what I've experienced in the past).

Let me also just say I'm over 50 so I didn't want an obnoxious exhaust; one that was too loud; had drone or didn't fit well and this fits the bill.

·
Registered
687 Posts
awesome good to know !! I was really worried about the drone in the interior... I've a buddy that runs a muffler shop we cut mine off & fabbed straight pipe kit & I rocked for a couple weeks we tried exhaust /headerwrap & resonator but the drone was too horrible (1600-2400 ) so I went back to the factory muffler

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried to record inside the car video with an iPhone and quality sucked. You could hear it was a bit deeper sound but not worth posting.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Happy to help you! We always appreciate objective reviews of our products. BTW Love your White S60.
Thanks.
Fit - Finish - Look - Manufacturing - Ease of Install - Exhaust Note are all GREAT!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got the Ferrita DP + sport exhaust on my 2015.5 V60 RD.
Very happy as well with the result: bolt on, no issue. Transcient CEL that went away on its own on the first day.
Great growl, more power...

Expensive, but worth it IMHO...
Marco.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is there any decent videos with good sound?
Its always sooo hard to capture the true sound of the exhaust!

Also Connor, Do yous ship to Aussieland?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Suggestion for getting great rolling sound clips: use blue painters tape to securely attach your phone to the bumper and then film a quick video driving around. It's totally ghetto but works great.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I got the Ferrita DP + sport exhaust on my 2015.5 V60 RD.
Very happy as well with the result: bolt on, no issue. Transcient CEL that went away on its own on the first day.
Great growl, more power...

Expensive, but worth it IMHO...
Marco.
Marco, Any Video.... Waiting for my warranty to end and I'll buy the Downpipe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts