SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the dp in my p* and now have had the check engine light come on and off about three times now. Put the spacers on from the beginning but still coming on intermittingly. Love the sound and the power gains but starting to get a bit worried. Anything i need to do? I doubled checked the bolts and seals and doesn't seem to be leaking. :confused::confused:

·
Banned
784 Posts
I installed the dp in my p* and now have had the check engine light come on and off about three times now. Put the spacers on from the beginning but still coming on intermittingly. Love the sound and the power gains but starting to get a bit worried. Anything i need to do? I doubled checked the bolts and seals and doesn't seem to be leaking. :confused::confused:
What type of spacer did you use? They make right angle spacers that pull the sensor out of the exhaust stream more. Perhaps look into one of those or doing a double spacer if needed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just scanned mine and there is a "hidden" P0133 code that didn't trigger the CEL this time. Suffice it to say the standard ViVA spacer is not effective. Would like to see them provide some alternatives that we can test.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just scanned mine and there is a "hidden" P0133 code that didn't trigger the CEL this time. Suffice it to say the standard ViVA spacer is not effective. Would like to see them provide some alternatives that we can test.
I used a double straight sensor from viva... The light goes out sometimes.... But comes back when i push the car...
:confused::facepalm:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've the same intermittent CEL problem with the Feritta DP + exhaust.
I will try the Draft42 option, and the double straight spacers from Viva.
I will post my eventual solution...

Marco.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hah, remove it?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Hopefully not, I have not yet installed mine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ugh thats unfortunate, just had a friend order one and waiting for it to come soon along with the recommended spacer... will also post results once its put in

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have been communicating with George @ ViVA. Sounds like they are working on alternate spacers, as well as Ferrita. This should be something that is easily solved....famous last words :)

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Why would the even larger down pipe be the solution to not get these error codes?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I've the same intermittent CEL problem with the Feritta DP + exhaust.
I will try the Draft42 option, and the double straight spacers from Viva.
I will post my eventual solution...

Marco.
Here's the space from 42 Draft Designs he's talking about. I used it on my 2008 GTI with turbo upgrade and 3" turboback and it worked great. I recommended it to a few p3 Volvo people but haven't heard if it did the trick or not.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/o2-sensor-spacer/

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
So how is there a power gain if its a restriction?
Although this is turbocharged, you can change the power band by changing the size and length of the exhaust runners. Was this the only change and power was gained?

IMHO the correct or close to correct catalytic converter is the right way to do this. Using an 02 extender is a band-aid.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
1 - 20 of 93 Posts