SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else become ill when anyone in the Ferrari F1 team speaks to the media. No one is denying their performance, the engineering or Schumacher's talent, but please sh*t up! They seem to go back on everything they say. <P>I read an article today about how Rubens would get the T-Car but Todt would not say what they would do to secure 2nd place. Hey Todt, I know what about team orders? Are they not good enough for Rubens? Is the reasoning used for Michael no longer valid? Let's see, the reason they used team orders for Michael is because they wanted to win the Championship and even though Michael had a virtually insurmountable lead, they said that nothing is certain. Fast forward to today and we find Barrichello in 4th place, 5 points out of 2nd. Second place is less assured that first ever was so why not the team orders?<P>I know why, because Michael wanted to win Germany. I know why, because Michael wants to win 10 races in one year to hold the record. I guess he forgot his comments after the race in Austria where he said he would like to secure the championship quickly so that they can get down to racing. Sure Michael, whatever. Michael is like a spoiled child that wants all the toys and Ferrari are like the parents that neglect one son for the other. <P>I have one request for Ferrari & Michael, if you are going to win races, just win them and don't feign humility and don't promise Rubens anything. <P>Michael may be a 5 time world champion, but he is not the racer that Stewart, Senna, Fangio or Gilles Villenueve were.<P>Well I cannot wait for the next race in the Formula Ferrari or is it the Formula Schumacher Series.<P><BR>

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am with you completely on this.<P>What really irks me about MS is when he claims that he is some sort of innocent bystander whenever team orders are given. They should stop trying to insult people's intelligence and just say straight out that they are out to maximze results for Michael and that Ruebens is just a standby in case of mechanical failure.<P>Micheal's greatness has surely been enhanced by a dearth of driving talent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts