SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Fender Vents Finished- Pics

2K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  makonyy15 
#1 ·
Hey guys, got the car back today with custom fender vents to match the EVOLVE ones. They look pretty sweet in my opinion, just thought i'd let everyone see for themselves and leave feedback. Let me know!

See less See more
#7 ·
The job was steep IMO in relation to the work i've had done so far, it was $600, but the work was flawless, and everything was completely custom. The only parts purchased was the wire mesh which is inexpensive, and the rest was labor. They had to repaint the fenders completely, and they said start to end it took a couple days. Now obviously that wasn't continuous work, but between the cutting sanding shaping paiting etc, it took awhile. I feel it was completely worth it though.

G
#10 ·
Re: Fender Vents Finished- Pics (makonyy15)

Dumb question, but what happens when it rains?

Looks killer. KILLER. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#12 ·

What's the picture from the inside? Do the vents go anywhere?

Tom.

#13 ·
Shouldn't be a problem when it rains, since the engine bay is still stock wiring, nothing really exposed, and in the location that they are it doesn't seem a lot of water would drain that direction.

I'll try and get a picture from the inside today, all it is are the vents with the mesh tac-welded/put on with adhesive glue/paste. I haven't looked too closely yet.

Anyway thanks for all the comments, im working on getting some new wheels and trying to find the perfect engine/performance mod for me. I've got to keep the relationship with my dealer tight, so chipping it isn't my best option right now, I just have to keep looking.

#15 ·

Quick question...

how much clearance do you have on the front end under that Heico lip, and which lowering spings did you use?

If I recall correctly, yours is a FWD, correct? I'm running AWD which is tall to start with, and will lower soon when I go to 18"s for the summer. Just trying to figure out if I'll still be able to get into my driveway (gotta love VT roads) with the lowering and the OEM body kit.

Car looks great, love the vents. How come you have not tinted you windows yet?

#19 ·
Nitrous Purge would be rediculous, if I had n2o of course. As for the lowering specs etc, i've got the evolve springs with the heico lip, not sure how high it is I want to say 6" or less, but Im not sure, i'll have to check later. I haven't had any problems with it on NY roads, as long as I take it easy, speed bumps at angles, and i avoid really steep driveways. Of course there will always be exceptions, but hey everyone can deal with them.

As for no window tints, well that was one of the requests of the parents when they bought my the car, so I've found ways to just get along with out them. I want to, but I'll have to see. I think I may be taking the car to the huge show in Carlisle, PA May 5th-7th, if anyone's in the area and wants to come see it and just hang around.

#21 ·
Quick update- Just ordered the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 205/50/R17 because I needed new tires desperately and my dad's got them on his A6 and loves them, so I figured I'd give them a try. Plus I can't take riding on 16's anymore since it's not winter blah!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.