SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a set of iforged wheels from a member here. they were gold so i decided to try plasti dipping one of em just to see what it'll look like. i also did my famous fender push for these iforged rear wheels are hella wide. ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some have their fenders rolled, my way is to push out the fenders with a jack. That was pushed out at least an inch and a half.

I did that with my old STI as well.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
/cough
How wide is "Hella Wide"?

Also, you may need to stretch those rear fenders out a BIT more if you're going to run those unless you like to have wheels that don't fit in the wheel wells? I mean, if you like that look, it's fine by me But that's not my cup of tea. Wide rear wheels are, but only ones that fit. lol.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Never heard of fender pushing.. Nice pics.. You've gotta take some more from further away.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Never heard of fender pushing.. Nice pics.. You've gotta take some more from further away.
+2 ...and from different angles to show off the caR's stance.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Wow it looks terrible... but to each his own, I suppose

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice ride s140s, is that yours? :)

the rear wheels are 9.5" wide with an ET 35 offset. i guess the reason i said famous is everytime people ask me how i did it they always say thats a different way of pulling your fenders.
like i said i did it on my suby too.

i'll post more pix when i get the rubber for the front.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Subby looks nice, I just dont like the combination of HOLY BATMAN WHEEL GAP, Polished Lip with streched tire on there.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Ehh, that fender push is definitely not to my taste either...it looks more like the car was damaged at some point. I'd personally prefer to just get some plastic fenders that jut out over the wheel like in the blue subbie pic posted before me.

Props for trying a new thing! :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yah, that gap needs to go for sure. :)

thanks anyways for the comments and suggestions.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Why the F*CK would you plastidip those Iforgeds?!?!?! That's kind of like rattlecanning a Lambo.

Either leave the gold, or pull em apart and have the centers professionally painted so they don't look like ass.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Hey guys, long time lurker, and fellow Volvo owner( 05 s40)

If your interested in plastidip, there is a company called dipyourcar.com they have a great selection, as well as great howto's

Also very interested the fender pushing as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts