SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday a lady t-boned my precious convertible on passenger side.
Haven't gotten the insurance quote yet, but I'm sure it's totaled; got an estimate of 5k for repair (haven't shopped around yet, but looks ~ right to me.)
Fender liner is rubbing wheel (haven't tried prying it back out of the way yet) and passenger door will not open; guy said the post needs to be pulled/repaired.
So sad. Such a nice car. Other than needing a new top (window glue is failing) almost everything works (including the top). Driver light wiper doesn't work. Headliner torn at back (by where rear pillars would be.)
I think it needs a driver side lower ball joint (had the part in box in my garage, but am returning it to FCP.)
Car drove home with no error messages. Starts right up (after wreck.) Happy to take video of cold start and running/driving.
HPT with 5 speed 149,98x miles. No leaks. SC-901 with subs.
Timing belt done ~115k; PCV and all hoses were replaced at ~130k; battery is 7 days (yes, DAYS) old (dammit) Radiator at ~140k;
all new motor mounts, tie-rods and alignment 3 months ago.
Should I try to sell it or let the insurance have it? anyone interested?
Before the wreck I wouldn't have hesitated to drive this car anywhere. I think if the inner fender liner is removed it would still be drive-able; alignment was still good on my way home. (didn't go above 40, though)
Figure $800 or so is fair? Car runs like a top. So sad. Happy to help arrange shipping (in KC), although I've never done that before. I don't mind driving it a short distance.
I don't want to take the time to part it out. (I know you guys want that tranny.)
Will try to get photos up later. photobucket not working any more for me... (Grrr)

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you decide to do with this? Do you have pics?

Saturday a lady t-boned my precious convertible on passenger side.
Haven't gotten the insurance quote yet, but I'm sure it's totaled; got an estimate of 5k for repair (haven't shopped around yet, but looks ~ right to me.)
Fender liner is rubbing wheel (haven't tried prying it back out of the way yet) and passenger door will not open; guy said the post needs to be pulled/repaired.
So sad. Such a nice car. Other than needing a new top (window glue is failing) almost everything works (including the top). Driver light wiper doesn't work. Headliner torn at back (by where rear pillars would be.)
I think it needs a driver side lower ball joint (had the part in box in my garage, but am returning it to FCP.)
Car drove home with no error messages. Starts right up (after wreck.) Happy to take video of cold start and running/driving.
HPT with 5 speed 149,98x miles. No leaks. SC-901 with subs.
Timing belt done ~115k; PCV and all hoses were replaced at ~130k; battery is 7 days (yes, DAYS) old (dammit) Radiator at ~140k;
all new motor mounts, tie-rods and alignment 3 months ago.
Should I try to sell it or let the insurance have it? anyone interested?
Before the wreck I wouldn't have hesitated to drive this car anywhere. I think if the inner fender liner is removed it would still be drive-able; alignment was still good on my way home. (didn't go above 40, though)
Figure $800 or so is fair? Car runs like a top. So sad. Happy to help arrange shipping (in KC), although I've never done that before. I don't mind driving it a short distance.
I don't want to take the time to part it out. (I know you guys want that tranny.)
Will try to get photos up later. photobucket not working any more for me... (Grrr)
What did you decide to do with this? Do you have pics?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually still have not decided. Sorry for being slow.
The first estimate I got was a definite total (only one I had when I posted), but the 2nd was only a couple hundred over, so I may yet decide to fix it.
Also, still dealing with the insurance and other party, everything is so slow.
I'll try to get pictures up later today.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for taking forever to get pictures up; stupid photobucket, plus some other issues...
Paid $500 for frame work to get the door fixed. It opens and closes smoothly now. Fender should probably be replaced, and it's easy if you HAVE a fender that's not bent up.
So price goes up that $500 to $1300; now it's a working car, not just a parts car. Yea.
Here are pictures:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W1jVPH7-ziur-daUNdKxiq87yu9jl2-n

1 - 4 of 4 Posts