SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys / Gals,

I'm thinking of selling my R.

I have one of the rare Sonic Blue / Atacama + 6MT Rs.

It's a 2007 with 11,010 miles. The car is in nearly perfect condition. Only flaw is the rear passenger side wheel is scuffed. (damn valets). The car is garage kept and very very rarely driven in the rain and has only seen snow once in the 7K miles that I have owned it.

Cars.com says it should be worth ~27.6K. I'd like closer to 29 'cause of rarity.

Am I off my rocker?

A couple pictures attached for evidence of the car's amazing condition

Thanks in advance all!
-Jesse

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: Feeler Thread .... (infiniteecho)

I'd say you are off your rocker.

I spent half my weekend car shopping with/for a buddy, and we looked at R's. There are plenty of Sonic R's up for sale and they aren't anywhere close to that much. But, having said that, it's really up to you what you price it at, you should just keep in mind that cars.com, kbb.com, etc... are not going to give you an accurate idea of what a car is worth on the market. Look around at Sonic R's, see if your price needs adjusting, and good luck with your sale http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Beautiful R, by the way

Quick search on autotrader for Sonic R's

I dunno, maybe if you can justify the price difference between rides, your price isn't that far off.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Re: Feeler Thread .... (infiniteecho)

Ooh...where's Derek (bb viggn?) He could use one to supplement his Audi.

Oh and why is there a dealer badge on the paint on the trunk lid?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: (infiniteecho)

I'm sure it is worth something, yes. JRL will likely be the best guy to ask about Sonic prices (he just sold his Sonic V), as he is the resident (perhaps, global) R resale genius.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Quote, originally posted by infiniteecho »
It's Sonic + Atacama though + 6MT

I also have 1/2 the miles of those other cars. That has to be worth something too.

I never got around to removing the dealer badge

That is true when selling the car to an enthusiast, however, the demand for these cars is null these days and quite a few up for sale. It would be a hard sell for that price based on what else is available for that price range in the market such as E39 M5, E46 M3 which could be obtained with low mileage for similar price.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: (YK-GTR)

Well, all Sonics are technically rare. Especially with Cama. But there is some "reality bites" to reselling an R these days. It's an R buyers market. You can get very nice new cars for that money, and I just don't see any dealership offering him that much for his, so it is, as previously mentioned, down to an enthusiast wanting the Sonic/Cama R, and finding the best example in the OP's ride.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re: Feeler Thread .... (JoeLvo)

Just commenting from my recent purchase. I picked up a single owner '06 SB/Gobi automatic with just under 14K miles for 20K. I realize that yours may be a bit more rare, slightly less miles, and a 'year' newer...but. I also bought this in Newport, so geographically, there's no difference.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Not for nothing you can get 29K there is an 07 out here in brooklyn, ny at the dealer with 19,000 miles looks like crap no sport body kit, partially loaded silver with nordkap and they R asking 32K, though I must say it has been sitting there for bout a year now. So I say go for it, what's the worst that could happen you won't get it and have to lower the price, just remember a sucker is born every minute, lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info Grendel123. We're looking at Atacamas and 6MTs here. Sounds like you got a good deal non the less thought.

Thanks Criminalmnded. I'm not looking to sucker someone
I just want to try and break even on it and make sure it ends up in a good home. Not some 16 year old kid who is going to wrap it around a pole 2 weeks later.

-Jesse

·
Registered
3,481 Posts

Why not list it and see what you get offered? Can always drop the price.

1800girl..i was thinking the same thing about the stealer badge. That's the FIRST thing that comes off any vehicle I buy.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts

Quote, originally posted by infiniteecho »
It's Sonic + Atacama though + 6MT

I also have 1/2 the miles of those other cars. That has to be worth something too.

I never got around to removing the dealer badge

While it's a rare bird, unless you find someone who MUST have your car, it's just not worth that much.
Now if it was a Sonicama wagon...........

Now get your hairdryer out and remove that dealer badge ASAP!

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Rarity schmarity...this isn't a Ferrari folks.

Either someone likes the color or they don't. It's a Volvo. 90% of the people who want to look at your car would be just as happy with a 2.5T. Most people (including Volvo owners and used car buyers) have no idea what an R is. So, while your car may be more appealing to folks in Queens (aka Mets fans) it's not likely to matter to most people in the used car market who are simply looking for a nice Volvo.

Yes, you might be lucky enough to find someone who is actually looking for an R. Yes, you might be lucky enough to find someone who is looking for Sonicama. More likely, however, you're going to find someone who wants an S60 and likes the color/price or wants an R and doesn't care or happens to like the combo but would be just as happy if they found a better priced R or Volvo in a different color combo.

Unfortunately, rare is a used R that's actually worth something.

Just my $.02,

-Eric

P.S. The fact that it's a stick probably makes it LESS appealing to most Volvo buyers.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Your car is pretty much my dream combo. (needs the sport kit though!)

if only I HAD that amount of money to spend...

If you wind up selling it, good luck! It is a damn sexy beast.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Feeler Thread .... (Sue Esponte)

Who pissed in Sue's Cheerios?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: Feeler Thread .... (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »
Rarity schmarity...this isn't a Ferrari folks.

+1. The only people who are going to care about "rare option combos" are generally the people here.

The IMPORTANT things are mileage, accident history, maintenance, creature comfort options and all that good stuff. Interior and exterior colors are secondary in my book. Except atacama, that would be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
63,542 Posts
Re: Feeler Thread .... (m3nt0s)

Dealer sticker left on........(-$2000) off the purchese price!

Also understand this (adding to the other remarks here) Sonicama is a bizarre color combination to most car (incl. R) buyers.
There are those few who love it, like Red/Atacama (like myself who owned one), but most Volvo owners, even R owners, are conservative and do not care for it one bit!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.