SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I bought this kit from Kyle/ForceFed months ago. He was running it on his S40 and took it off when returning the car to stock to sell it. When I bought it it was on the understanding that the rotors need to be replaced soon-ish. Trick here is that Heico/ATE are no longer making these rotors. They're fancy 2 piece rotors and so far I've not been able to find a direct replacement rotor ring to work with the existing hat. I do however have all the published specs on the rotor from ATE. My plan is (was?) to find an alternative standard rotor to use with the calipers/brackets. That way replacement in the future is much cheaper and easier. Sure, not the cool 2 piece rotor anymore that way, but still a tremendous upgrade over stock.

Kit includes both used rotors (326mm), both Heico/ATE calipers with adapter brackets, Porterfield pads with lots of life left and Heico braided lines. Ready to bolt on if you want to run the current rotors. ATE states 27.4mm "minimum" rotor thickness for these and when I mic'ed them they were 28mm-ish. Your call. As far as I know, should fit all P1 chassis S40 V50 C30 & C70 cars.

Pics are Kyle's from when I bought the kit - I have the parts well packed in the same boxes I got them from him in so it's in the same condition. I'll happily take more detailed pics if needed or better yet, you can just come see it all in person.

As installed on his car:

I'm asking $500.00 for the whole kit picked up in the Portland area.

I will note that in all my searching around for alternative rotors I stumbled across a couple options that would either work with minimal alterations and/or may be close enough to just plain work as is. I haven't had a chance to actually test fit the stuff on the car with any other rotor so I can't definitively confirm but I suspect it'd be very easy to make them work.

For example/reference -- The P2 S60R/V70R rotor is very close to the specs listed for the ATE rotors included in this kit. No guarantees, but I would venture a guess that the kit may work as is with R rotors. If not, a little fiddling with the adapter brackets would likely make it all line up perfect. Again, your call.

Heico/ATES60R
Diameter326mm330mm
Thickness30mm32mm
Height49.7mm50.5mm
Center bore65mm68mm

The P1 stock 320mm rotor is also close as is the Jaguar XJ rotor. Both of which I have the full specs for if you're interested.

·
Registered
388 Posts
So ATE/Heico doesn't make an alternative to the discontinued 2 piece rotor? That seems unusual as or at the very least they could fab something up that would work. So why are you selling the kit, don't want the hassle?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So ATE/Heico doesn't make an alternative to the discontinued 2 piece rotor? That seems unusual as or at the very least they could fab something up that would work. So why are you selling the kit, don't want the hassle?
No alternative from ATE to replace it from what I can find. It was a performance option they used on these cars, along with European Fords that are on the P1 chassis as well. Having a new custom rotor set made is easy, just takes $$.

Selling because I haven't had time to get to it and have other projects for the car I'd like to get to first.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I understand, I'm positive someone can make a replacement rotor but could be costly. I might be interested. Have to make some calls and get some prices.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Great deal! But the P2R has a center bore of 65.1mm and the P1s have a center bore of 63.4mm. Are you sure those specs are right?
Might also want to look at what is out for the focus. I hear they have 330mm BBKs and they have the same center bore as the P1.

I'd be all over this if I hadn't just purchased 320s for all 4 corners.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand, I'm positive someone can make a replacement rotor but could be costly. I might be interested. Have to make some calls and get some prices.
Oh, for sure replacements can be made - just might be costly as you mention. Given the price of this kit when it was new from Heico though you'd still be way under even with new custom rotors.

Great deal! But the P2R has a center bore of 65.1mm and the P1s have a center bore of 63.4mm. Are you sure those specs are right?
Might also want to look at what is out for the focus. I hear they have 330mm BBKs and they have the same center bore as the P1.

I'd be all over this if I hadn't just purchased 320s for all 4 corners.
Thanks. Yup, I am fully aware of hub bore sizes for these cars. The numbers above I posted in the table are manufacturer specs for the rotors (ATE & Centric). There's some fudge room. I am happy to physically measure any spec required on these rotors and/or any other Volvo stock rotor as there's a warehouse full of Volvo parts in the same building I work in :)

I've looked at some of the focus stuff - nothing looked close enough to me but I may have missed something.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
I see, wiggle room is good! I guess I never paid much attention for how my rotors seat on my hubs.

I never doubted that you would know the specs, it's your job. ;)
Just wasn't sure if that was a typo.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i remember when he was selling these. Its too bad there really arent much replacements available.. but i think if your ambitious you could find something that'd work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts