·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Re: Feeler: oil cooler plate (Insider)

For the plate? Do we know what the rest of the hardware might cost, and what might be involved in the installation (aside from the info listed in the thread)?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the plate.
you will need oil cooler of your choice, hoses, fittings and t-stat.
install is not that difficult. remove cooler from oil pan, reconnect coolant hoses, install plate, hoses and cooler.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (Insider)

I was under the impression that for these to work some sort of oil circulation pump was required. Thats just what Lucky from IPD had told me...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no additional pump is required. the stock oil pump can handle it. if you search some of blots posts you will see he is not using any additional pump and has had no issues. i dont see any reason to believe otherwise. does adding a auxiliary trans cooler require a bigger pump? nope.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

No but when people add trans cooler they are plumbing into a system that has line pressure. Reason i ask is unless the factory oil cooler has pressure to circulate the oil you wont have any flow to the external one.

I had been curious of this myself until i had asked Lucky and thats the response i received

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the oil pump makes pressure too and the cooler is plumbed directly to oil pump.
I am going to have 5 made up. i will put up for sale in a week or so.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
In for one!

Oil cooler, as long as it fits, I'll take one.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

Ive checked the part numbers between the R cars and the S40's and they are different. Not sure how possibly by size although they look the same. Wonder if these are interchangable

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just compared p1 s40 oil cooler to p2 oil coolers and they fit the same just different coolant fittings.
even the p2 T6 oil cooler bolts up.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

Right on, are you having AN pipe fittings welded to the plate or just having bare plates made?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes they are finished. i tried to change the post title but it didnt work.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I'll take one, give me a couple days to fix my paypal, as some moron bought a batch of hydroxycut from me..... Also put it in the description and now my account is locked.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

Thats what you get for selling poison lol just kidding.

Gotta get my HID's taken care of and pay a no front license plate fine but will try and pick one of these up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts