SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Feeler: Aluminum upper torque mounts 850 V70 S70

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  STSmachining 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm putting a Feeler out for aluminum upper torque mounts for 850 v70 s70. This replaces the sheet metal design. I have a prototype design, but not made yet. I would like to see who would be interested in a billet upper torque mount.

People who are interested:
1.LAGIM 187

I have it listed on TURBOBRICKS also http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=313558

See less See more
#2 ·
Isn't this part designed as a safety feature? It allows the engine to collapse in an accident. Aren't you worried that changing the material of the mount would affect the way the component performs in an accident?

#4 ·
I don't know on the 850, but on my 04 V70R it 100 percent is a safety feature. When I was hit head on, the engine rolls over from being almost straight up and down say 75 degrees to a much shallower angle, say 50-60 degrees and absorbing energy in the accident. I also believe the motor physical moves back some in relation to where it is mounted in the engine bay.

I can post pictures of the aftermath of a guy trying to make a left turn in front of me when I had right of way and was doing 45 mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.