SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Think about selling my v70, it used to be my daily which I put a ton of time and work into but things changed and I’ve barely driven it the last few years. It became a but rough around the edges from letting it sit but it still runs great. It has a lot of great mods if someone was looking to build a car or wanted to take the time to part it out or even continue to drive it as is. I don’t have the time or interest in parting it out, the car still runs great, could use a few things but would need work cosmetically if you were looking for something perfect. Honestly have no idea what it’s worth so I thought I’d put out a feeler and see if anyone might be interested, make an offer or let me know what you think it’s worth.

As far as information about the car it started as a 99 v70 tropical green metallic, Manual car, no sunroof, bought it with about 170k, currently sits at about 250k. At around 180k miles I decided to swap a motor from a 2000 v70r, it’s running off stock R ecu, never had a chance to get it tuned for a manual so it’s stuck with CEL. The motor had almost same amount of mileage as the car when it went in but the head was completely rebuilt, along with seals and gaskets etc.

List of mods:

00 v70r motor
K24 turbo
Ipd bcv
Snaab fresh air pipe
Front mount intercooler
Forge bypass valve
Eurosport tuning cold air intake
3” custom turbo back exhaust, stainless, magnaflow high flow cat, resonator, and muffler
Snaab short shift kit
P2R manifold not Installed

Sitting on koni sports with homemade Afco racing coil overs front and rear, can’t remember
rates at the moment
eBay camber plates
Delrin subframe bushings
Poly motor mounts
Poly control arm bushings
Ipd sway bars
Also have the H&R springs I had on originally
P2r rear calipers with ipd brackets, I have the fronts also, freshly powder coated but not on the car
Braided steel lines
New awd front rotors and calipers

Interior completely swapped from 00 R
Charcoal R seats front and rear
R door panels
Aluminum trim
R cluster
R radio with underseat amp
R dash with center speaker
Audio jack integration with radio
Leather oem shift knob
Charcoal alcantara headliner
Charcoal sem painted sunvisors, sunvisor panel and grab handles
Ipd boost gauge built into air vent

R front bumper
17” pegasus wheels
Also have a set of 18” that needs refinishing
Roof spoiler
Xc grill

I’m sure I’m forgetting something but that’s the bulk of it. The car is not perfect cosmetically, paint on the front end shows from being lowered, stone chips and some scrapes, some peeling clearcoat on passenger fender from previous respray. There’s no major damage, just small door dings, scratches etc. interior shows some age but overall In good shape. Engine runs well, although would probably need throttle body though at some point. Any questions let me know

·
Registered
193 Posts
That is one good looking R Clone and manual! I would have been super tempted had I not just picked up an 850R. If you get it back to tip top shape I could see you getting a pretty fair price for it. Why not get it tuned to take care of the CEL? Just add the cost to the purchase price so the buyer doesn't have to worry about it.

PA Plate, Where is it located?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think many people here would be interested to know exactly what things needed to be swapped to go from NA/Denso to Turbo/ME7. The collected wisdom of the internet seems to think it’s hard. Is it?

·
Registered
17,318 Posts
I think many people here would be interested to know exactly what things needed to be swapped to go from NA/Denso to Turbo/ME7. The collected wisdom of the internet seems to think it’s hard. Is it?
Everything. You swap literally everything. Not THAT hard, just not fast or particularly easy.

·
Registered
17,318 Posts
Yeah, but I see that Jeremy kept the manual climate control. Just wondering if it’s actually slightly less than everything. Like the body harness.
Have to. That’s cable driven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
Does it have working AC? How about the timing belt history and PCV service?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts