SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I am seriously considering selling my beloved S60R; code name: Olivia. I sought her out from a used car broker in Pittsburgh back in the summer of 2007 with only 33000 miles. Now after five years, it has 53000 miles. She's been looked after with great care and only has minimal exposure to the elements; has not been driven in snow or salt covered roads (not that we get much of a winter here to begin with).

I'd like to find her a good home. I occasionally take her out for a spin on the weekends, but even that has become increasingly less frequent. And I find myself in need of a cross-over vehicle with more room and versatility.

She has been tastefully enhanced:

Phuz FMIC
Kelly CAI
TME Exhaust
IPD Downpipe
Factory Style Body Kit
Color-Matched Side Moldings
MS Design Wing
35W 3000K HID Fog Light
'04-to-'05 Center Console Swap
iMIV iPhone/iPod integration
Carbon Tint
K&N Filter
Spaced-out Volvo Badge
Yokohama S-Drive (65-75% tread left)

Features:
Factory Navigation
Moonroof

$17500 OBO

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Such a nice color, too bad its not a manual :(

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow, why are you selling??
I love this car to death, but once my wagon goes to car heaven (some time soon), the R isn't a car I can use as a daily driver, especially not in the city. I've thought about this over for a long time and I am considering a used XC70 or XC60. With the R, I always have to be careful where I drive and hope for the best. And frankly, if I am to downsize to one vehicle, I'd need one that can haul a lot more stuff and have a roof rack for bikes and snowboards. Sure I can get a roof rack for the R, but I just don't see the R as a versatile outdoors man type of vehicle.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Wow - $4,000 above blue-book value. Good luck.
Cool post, KBB is worthless when it comes to a rare car. It's worth what someone is willing to pay...

·
Banned
170 Posts
Cool post, KBB is worthless when it comes to a rare car. It's worth what someone is willing to pay...
Buddy I've been in the automotive industry for over a decade. I've owned and restored some pretty classic cars - like 1966 Pontiac GTO's and 70's Barracudas. A 2004 Volvo S60 is not a "rare car". Unless of course you've stuck a Hemi 426 under the hood...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The color combo is actually pretty rare sir.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Buddy I've been in the automotive industry for over a decade. I've owned and restored some pretty classic cars - like 1966 Pontiac GTO's and 70's Barracudas. A 2004 Volvo S60 is not a "rare car". Unless of course you've stuck a Hemi 426 under the hood...
The color combo was only made in 2004 and is rare with a body kit + fully loaded. To an enthusiast it is worth more than just a "2004 S60"... if you did not have anything to say about the car or you were not interested then you should not post negative comments in the for sale ad.

·
Banned
170 Posts
The color combo was only made in 2004 and is rare with a body kit + fully loaded. To an enthusiast it is worth more than just a "2004 S60"... if you did not have anything to say about the car or you were not interested then you should not post negative comments in the for sale ad.
Actually in your own statement you negated yourself.

I'm not an "enthusiast." I'm a car-buyer. As a car-buyer, it's worth about as much as a "2004 S60". So I was pointing out that they're asking too much. If their price was reasonable, then I WOULD be interested.

You gotta face the facts. A majority of the "enthusiasts" out there already own one of these cars. They're now 8 years old, they've been replaced with a new model, and to the general used-car-buying public, they're just cars.

But don't worry - I've seen this already on my old car club. We used to think that 2001-2004 Dodge Stratus coupes were "super rare" because they were a limited-production vehicle. Now mine is 11 years old, has been completely discontinued, and I was offered $500 yesterday to trade mine in. The only thing keeping the S60 value up is the word "Volvo" in the beginning.

Now THIS is a "rare Volvo":

I can't even FIND any for sale, so chances are they're probably worth MORE than your 04 S60's. Funny how that works, huh?

"GLWS" as you kids put it...

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Actually in your own statement you negated yourself.

I'm not an "enthusiast." I'm a car-buyer. As a car-buyer, it's worth about as much as a "2004 S60". So I was pointing out that they're asking too much. If their price was reasonable, then I WOULD be interested.

You gotta face the facts. A majority of the "enthusiasts" out there already own one of these cars. They're now 8 years old, they've been replaced with a new model, and to the general used-car-buying public, they're just cars.

But don't worry - I've seen this already on my old car club. We used to think that 2001-2004 Dodge Stratus coupes were "super rare" because they were a limited-production vehicle. Now mine is 11 years old, has been completely discontinued, and I was offered $500 yesterday to trade mine in. The only thing keeping the S60 value up is the word "Volvo" in the beginning.

Now THIS is a "rare Volvo":

I can't even FIND any for sale, so chances are they're probably worth MORE than your 04 S60's. Funny how that works, huh?

"GLWS" as you kids put it...
This is an enthusiast forum, not a "car buyer" forum. As per the rules, if you're not interested in the car, don't post anything negative about it. Have respect for his sale.

You are creating quite the ahole reputation :)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for your interest in the car and I apologize if my asking price is above the kbb or average resell value. While I don't expect to recoup the money I put in for repairs and enhancements, I did spend $8k and have gone to great lengths to bring the vehicle to look, drive, feel, and sound the way it does now. As I said before, I'd like to her go to a good home, to someone that appreciate what this car is and will continue to care for it as I have. I am not eager to sell nor do I have a need to sell. I also did say "or best offer" so my asking price is not a firm asking price. If by chance, I get no offers, then I will keep the car and continue to keep it as my occasional weekend car.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Kit GLWS (I AM NO KID EITHER) Its a great looking car, as I have seen the car.

·
Administrator
55,890 Posts
If I recall correctly, Flash Green was available at the beginning of the '05 model year. It went away in '06 when Volvo introduced Sonic Blue. It is the rarest of P2 R colors, FG/Atacama even more so.

I saw this one just a couple months ago at a GTG here in VA, super clean car and you can tell has been taken care of.

The new buyer can throw on a set of 18" or 19" graphite Pegs and call it done. :)

GLWS Kit!

·
Registered
302 Posts
This car is amazing, if i wouldn't have to deal with selling mine to get this then i would be all over it, even though its a GT. Great looking ride, someone will be lucky to have this in their garage.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
we know you love it and it shows. I sold my XC90 T6 today and i loved that car too. At 169k someone bought it at full asking price because when he came and drove it, he knew it was loved and well cared for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts