Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

Make/Model: Volvo T5R sedan
Year: 1995
Mileage: 187K - true, odo has not stopped
Color: Black
Transmission: Auto
Selling Price: $3800 OBO
Contact Information: PM for further contact information.

I'm posting a feeler thread for my T5R sedan, which I purchased back in July and restored and modded into a safe, reliable and fun car. I found it on CL posted as a project/parts car because as old cars tend to do, it had degraded in a number of areas and got too expensive for the previous owner to keep on the road. In a months time I turned it in to a Grassroots magazine $2012 challenge car (will be featured in the spring). I loved it so much, given that the previous owner had actually taken pretty good care of it, that I continued to work on the car and have been using it as my daily. However, since I already own an SR, having a second sedan is getting a little redundant. I would really like to have an 855R or 855 HPT (obviously I would consider trades for one of these models) to make those ikea runs a little less challenging. That being said, I am not in a rush to sell this car, the more I drive it and work on it, the nicer it gets.

A great deal of work has gone into this car in a relatively short period of time. Service parts in the last 400 miles:

-ALL the motor mounts. Front, Rear, lower right, upper bushing and even the bushing on the firewall are brand new.
-Axle boots
-Front control arms
-Front sway bar links
-Front brake lines
-Replaced one of the leaking oil cooler lines
-Numerous cluster bulbs
-Trunk shocks
-Front and rear oxygen sensors (no more check engine light)
-Blower motor
-Heater core ("improved version" with lifetime warranty), hoses and firewall junction block
-Trans fluid flushed
-Oil changed with mobil 1
-Brake fluid flushed with ATE super blue
-Coolant changed
-OEM thermostat and seal
-OEM spark plugs, coil wire and rotor (remaining components are OEM and nearly mint)
-Seat back cable replaced
-Glove box latch repaired

Not everything I used was OEM, but either an OEM equivalent or trusted after market brand. I am a volvo technician and fix these cars for a living. Nothing was half assed and everything was done with a great deal of care. Now, since I wanted to give the old girl a bit more grunt, some performance mods were done:

-NA cams timed using IPD tool and recommended specs
-FMIC - universal kit was used, but the aluminum piping was professionally welded to minimize the use of couplers, it is truly a custom setup.
-3" turbo housing on the stock 15G turbo
-FULL 3" exhaust from the turbo to the tail pipe. It has a 3" high flow cat, but nothing else. It's about as free-flowing as it can be, emissions compliant and also a bit noisy :p
-MBC w/ boost set at 15 psi
-2 10" slim cooling fans
-trunk mounted battery
-prosport pillar mounted boost gauge
-IPD CBV

This is not a slow car.

IPD INTAKE PICTURED NOT INCLUDED - will have the OEM box with K&N high flow element

Previous owner had also recently installed Bilstein touring struts/shocks all around, ATE slotted rotors all around, and Kilen lowering springs. The alternator, radiator and the majority of hoses appear to have all been done in recent history. It had aftermarket wheels, but I replaced them with OEM T5 wheels and the michellins still have a bit of life left. AC blows cold, heat works great, cruise control works fine. Also, the interior is pretty clean for a car its age.

The bad:

-The car had been in a mild front end collision and the R bumper was in pieces and too far gone to try and repair, so it has a plain old 850 front end and an IPD style mesh grill. The bumper doesn't line up perfectly with the fender on the passenger side.
-The rear right quarter and door has a dent
-The hood, roof, and spoiler had peeled quite badly. They were sanded and painted with rustoleum enamel. Trust me, it looks way better this way.
-Passenger airbag cover has peeled back and the dash has a few cracks
-Seat heaters and memory functions don't work - wasn't a priority for me to fix.
-Driver floor mat is missing
-PCV pipe that lives behind the intake manifold is in pieces - I plan to fully service the PCV system completely before selling the car.

Thats it, if you have any questions please PM me.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I believe I seen that on CL also.

Mighty fine work sir. Before buying my R I looked for a decent 850 R to buy and couldn't find any for sale, anywhere within 500mi. If only I had an extra 3.8K laying around :( someone is getting a good deal when they pick this up.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I believe I seen that on CL also.

Mighty fine work sir. Before buying my R I looked for a decent 850 R to buy and couldn't find any for sale, anywhere within 500mi. If only I had an extra 3.8K laying around :( someone is getting a good deal when they pick this up.

Very good deal. I can't vouch for the car (still haven't seen it in person yet), but I can vouch for the seller. Seller is very honest and does very good work; I would not hesitate to buy a car from him.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Always a little saddened to see an R without its R bumper and Titans/Volans. Such distinguishing aesthetics make it special. I guesss I am just waxing nostalgic, no dis. Bump for a local seller and GLWS.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If I did have such deep love for my white '96 855R with M56 5spd swap, I would consider this trade especially sinice you are "local". But, a Koni FSD/Eibach kit is on it's way to me now, and I'm sure I will love my car even more! GLWS!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Always a little saddened to see an R without its R bumper and Titans/Volans. Such distinguishing aesthetics make it special. I guesss I am just waxing nostalgic, no dis. Bump for a local seller and GLWS.
I feel the same way. However, the way I see it, the next person to own this car will have to spend little to no money on mechanical repairs/current maintenance -issues which tend to plague these older models. Perhaps making it more justifiable to restore to its original condition.

At any rate, price is negotiable.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Have any sound clips or video of the car? I'd love to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no vids, I'll try and get a volunteer to help me out with that next week.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I tell ya... If you were closer, or even if I simply wasn't so busy, I'd be all over this. Looks like fun! Good luck with the sale.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts