SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just got back from our trip to Barcelona and Gothenburg and learned something that we were not aware of. I had attempted to order my XC90 with a US trailer hitch and was told it could not be done in the OSD program. It would have to be dealer installed.

When our car was delivered to us last Thursday at the FDC, the FDC rep handed me an "accessories" book and asked if we wanted them to install anything. Sure enough, they said they COULD install the trailer hitch at the factory. In addition, they will install running boards and a rear skid plate. I will now not need to have the dealer install these items when the car arrives in the US and the prices were lower than those in the US.

Lastly, the FDC had "specials" they were offering. They were offering a discounted price on rubber mats (much cheaper than the US) and mud flaps.

P.S. My left rear door handle was binding so they said they would take care of that as well.

Modified by Kodabear at 3:11 PM 3-27-2006

Modified by Kodabear at 3:12 PM 3-27-2006

·
Registered
499 Posts
Re: FDC "accessories" at the time of OSD delivery (Kodabear)

Quote, originally posted by Kodabear »
My wife and I just got back from our trip to Barcelona and Gothenburg and learned something that we were not aware of. I had attempted to order my XC90 with a US trailer hitch and was told it could not be done in the OSD program. It would have to be dealer installed.

When our car was finally delivered to us last Thursday, the FDC rep handed me an "accessories" book and asked if we wanted them to install anything. Sure enough, they said they COULD install the trailer hitch at the factory. In addition, they will install running boards and a rear skid plate. I will now not need to have the dealer install these items and the prices were lower than those in the US.

Lastly, the FDC had "specials" they were offering. They were offering a discounted price on rubber mats (much cheaper than the US) and mud flaps.

P.S. My left rear door handle was binding so they said they would take care of that as well.

We leave this Friday and are so looking forward to it (hoping our daughter gets well in time - she was running fever all weekend long). Just emailed you a bunch of questions.

We take delivery next Wednesday. Since the frequency of the boat to the west coast is lower, it is possible that both our cars may arrive at the same time.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: FDC "accessories" at the time of OSD delivery (AccuView)

Kodabear..........

Not passing judgement on your dealer...but oftentimes the FDC will run specials that we (the US dealers) are unaware of...until we catch wind of it from customers!
Some dealers do not stay "tuned in" to the OSD program enough to know when the FDC is doing what specials...and sometimes FDC will get started before we are informed. As a matter of information, I always tell my customers to ask about any accessory specials.
Thanks for the good info. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: FDC "accessories" at the time of OSD delivery (universityvolvoOSD)

So, are you saying we should contact the FDC directly to find out about specials?
Would the accessories be installed in Sweden, or when the car was at the US dealer?

Modified by cmy4x4 at 10:45 PM 3-27-2006

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: FDC "accessories" at the time of OSD delivery (cmy4x4)

You inquire about the accessories when you get to the FDC. They advertise the specials there. Whatever accessories you choose and pay for (at the FDC) will be installed by the factory PRIOR to shipping the car. In my case, we did not take the car with us after it was delivered at the FDC. The FDC rep said he would have the accessories (trailer hitch, running boards etc) installed immediately in preparation for the car being loaded on the ship 4/3/06.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Re: FDC "accessories" at the time of OSD delivery (Kodabear)

The FDC is also a good place to get any functions enabled like doors auto-lock, etc. They do it for free whereas later on, you may need to pay for any changes (side note: I've heard that now dealers will do one complimentary change on _some_ functions -- if in doubt, ask your dealer beforehand!)

For a list of things that can be changed for the XC90, check http://acctest.semcon.se/en-GB...1.htm
For other models, go to http://acctest.semcon.se/en-GB and navigate from the appropriate model.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: FDC "accessories" at the time of OSD delivery (ig_mb)

Quote, originally posted by ig_mb »
The FDC is also a good place to get any functions enabled like doors auto-lock, etc. They do it for free whereas later on, you may need to pay for any changes (side note: I've heard that now dealers will do one complimentary change on _some_ functions -- if in doubt, ask your dealer beforehand!)

They are also free at your 7,500-mile scheduled service interval.

Yannis

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Re: FDC "accessories" at the time of OSD delivery (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »
They are also free at your 7,500-mile scheduled service interval.

True, but if you do it at the FDC, you get to try two choices

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re: FDC "accessories" at the time of OSD delivery (cmy4x4)

You can email the FDC about specials- they'll tell you what they have.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Re: FDC "accessories" at the time of OSD delivery (ig_mb)

Quote, originally posted by ig_mb »
True, but if you do it at the FDC, you get to try two choices

I asked for it twice at the FDC, once each during delivery and drop-off. They wanted SEK 500 for EACH option. Needless to say, I passed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts