SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to upgrade the boost hoses on my 855R. The kit at FCP is significantly less expensive that any of the competition. Has anyone out there used this kit and can chime in on quality, durrability, etc? Also, could you notice any difference in performance when installing this kit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the kit recently. Build quality & thickness/finish is very good. Fitment is VERY tight, which is better than loose, but a bit tough to put them on. Make sure they are not cold so they have some stretch to them. I left mine inside along my baseboard heater since I did mine in late Oct in NY. The throttle body one was tough. Overall, its definitely worth the money and a very good kit. I'm sure Samco or IPD have better fitment, but its really not that bad. The small hose off the throttle body boot that goes to the IAC Valve was a bit short, but I was able to make it work by removing & re-mounting the IAC.. All the others cooperated as long as they weren't cold, and I used a small screwdriver around the edge to pry them on a bit.

In the end, I am still glad I went for the FCP kit over Samco or IPD etc. And VERY glad I didn't get the China Ebay ones, I am sure fitment on those is even worse and would have taken like 3 weeks to arrive. FCP is in CT so anytime I order stuff from them (I buy stuff for my Audi thru them too) it arrives to me on Long Island very fast..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. Sounds like this kit is exactly what I am looking for. The tight fitment wouldn't stop me. Did you notice any performance gain after the install?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hate to thread jack but I have a "spare" IPD RIP kit if you are interested $175 shipped continental US only to your door. Complete with all clamps and hoses. It came from a customers car that was abandoned at the shop last year. drop me a PM and I'll get you pictures via email. I can payapal or setup an ebay auction "buy it now" for your comfort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts