SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many if us got interested in cars and Volvos in particular due to our parents. Although many of us vow not to become our parents, we often migrate backwards in spite of our best efforts. What are your earliest Volvo memories? Did your dad drive a Volvo and what model?

My dad had a Volvo 245 wagon. Purchased to replace a pre DOT VW bug which got rear ended in a hit and run. He was determined to buy a safer car. We had lots of roadtrips in that beast. Most ended in fist fights between me and my sister. Hooked on Volvos. Hooked on wagons.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My dad and I have completely opposing views on cars. He always drove American...mercury topaz, sable station wagon, Plymouth grand voyager, ford f150...the f150 was a lemon and his last American vehicle....since then all reliable japanese accords, camrys,T-100's , Tundra, and now a Venza.

Point is he is the, "it's an appliance guy"...buy it cheap, make sure consumer reports backs it, and that it gets good mileage. In fact were it not for my mom, he would probably be driving a prius or worse, a Yaris. I however see the beauty in them, and what goes into a well made one. He also didn't teach me how to fix them...but he did teach me how to take it to a oil change guy every 6000 miles. He was busy, no hard feelings there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts