SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am currently car shopping for a volvo or a bimmer. I know that they have great handling, so I am mainly concerned about performance. I want to know what the quickest volvo is. I can't tell. The s80 (t6) does have a twin turbo 2.9 engine, but it weighs almost as much as a tank
. The c70 is a 2-door with a 240 hp turbo (high pressure), however it weighs 500-600 pounds less. The s60 is 250 hp, but weighs more than the c70.
Can anyone help me, which is quicker?
I am also interested in the future s60R's specs.

BTW, why the hell did Volvo decide to make these cars front-wheel drive???

Thank You

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Armo_Guy:
Hello
I am currently car shopping for a volvo or a bimmer. I know that they have great handling, so I am mainly concerned about performance. I want to know what the quickest volvo is. I can't tell. The s80 (t6) does have a twin turbo 2.9 engine, but it weighs almost as much as a tank
. The c70 is a 2-door with a 240 hp turbo (high pressure), however it weighs 500-600 pounds less. The s60 is 250 hp, but weighs more than the c70.
Can anyone help me, which is quicker?
I am also interested in the future s60R's specs.

BTW, why the hell did Volvo decide to make these cars front-wheel drive???

Thank You

So....are you lookingjust for the quickest Volvo or the quickest Volvo model that best suits your needs? Any Volvo model (turbo) can also be "enhanced" for about $1,500 more and get it close or on about 300 HP.

IMO, the quickest stock Volvo right now is the 2002 S60 T5 with the manual transmission. Plus, it is the best handling; I know that Kai won't like that but...

Yannis

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Armo_Guy:
How much faster is it than an AT Twin turbo s80? Is it AWD or just FF?
What...the S60 T5 manual? If you shift right, by the time you are in 3rd gear you should be ahead of the T6. By how much? Don't know but I would guess that the 0-60 time should favor the S60 T5 by .2 sec to half a second.

Yannis

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good, .2 seconds isnt much.
I have another question, is the c70 ht coupe quicker than the s80 t6?

Thnx

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GrecianVolvo:

Plus, it is the best handling; I know that Kai won't like that but...

I have no problem with that. None of the Pre-60 series is good handling car anyway.....as long as I make sure mommy in their new S60R won't be able to pass me, that's good enough for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts