SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject states is there a faster way to turn it off then going through three levels of menus?

I have a V60 t6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
No. Sport mode changes the settings enough to be more fun and thats easy to switch too.

·
Registered
505 Posts
As the subject states is there a faster way to turn it off then going through three levels of menus?

I have a V60 t6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Mario cheat:
With your foot OFF the brakes push the start button once.
Press your brakes exactly five times. Press the gas pedal once.
Put your foot on the brakes and start the car.

I'm just kidding. It's intentionally unfriendly and there is no cheat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Super Mario cheat:
With your foot OFF the brakes push the start button once.
Press your brakes exactly five times. Press the gas pedal once.
Put your foot on the brakes and start the car.

I'm just kidding. It's intentionally unfriendly and there is no cheat.
haha i like this

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
As the subject states is there a faster way to turn it off then going through three levels of menus? I have a V60 t6
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing yesterday after Saturday's snow storm. On older Volvos, the traction control could be quickly and easily deactivated from the left stalk on the steering wheel, but owners of current models have to remember where the ESC checkbox is located and drill down through four menu levels to find it. The good news is that my two T5e FWD V60s, with the traction control deactivated, pulled through more than a foot of new-fallen snow smoothly and cleanly with no wheel slip whatsoever. No driveway shoveling for this happy Volvo owner. :)

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
You could pull the fuse. If this is something you want to do frequently, you could wire a switch in series with the fuse so you can activate/deactivate quickly.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lol... I started reading very carefully and slowly...

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey so, strangely enough I was just over on jalopnik.com and came across this in the comments section of a Volvo article...

"the keypad functions as shortcuts in some settings menus. Like hit "My Car" then "1" for sport-mode in the traction control system"

I've not yet tested this out, but if true it would save a few keystrokes.
I always knew I spent hours of my time on Jalopnik for a good reason. It just happened to be that you found that reason, and not I, but this makes jalopnik no less useful. Next time this conversation comes up at the dinner table I will be prepared. I don't even care if the trick works, to be honest. Thank you so very much!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
ESC cannot be programmed to the keypad. We have discussed this ad nauseum on the P* forums. As cjacques stated, it really is not hard to Hit "my Car" OK, twice. I do it all the time without looking as that is how you enable the P* tuning on our cars.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ESC cannot be programmed to the keypad. We have discussed this ad nauseum on the P* forums. As cjacques stated, it really is not hard to Hit "my Car" OK, twice. I do it all the time without looking as that is how you enable the P* tuning on our cars.
Yeah, I just tried what the guy on jalop said and it was a no go. I can't imagine why someone would feel the need to lie on the internet :p Anyhow, I didn't know you could just hit my car and ok twice. I had always gone down to "driver settings" to turn DSTC off. Nice to know the shortcut.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Yeah, I just tried what the guy on jalop said and it was a no go. I can't imagine why someone would feel the need to lie on the internet :p Anyhow, I didn't know you could just hit my car and ok twice. I had always gone down to "driver settings" to turn DSTC off. Nice to know the shortcut.
It totally depends on the MY car you have as the UI changed for MY '15.5, which is what my car is. When I hit "My Car", the 1st Option is, "My V60", The 3rd option on that screen is "ESC Off". So it's actually, My Car, OK, Scroll two spots, OK, but I do it all without looking.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It totally depends on the MY car you have as the UI changed for MY '15.5, which is what my car is. When I hit "My Car", the 1st Option is, "My V60", The 3rd option on that screen is "ESC Off". So it's actually, My Car, OK, Scroll two spots, OK, but I do it all without looking.
Okay, I'm pretty sure we're talking about different things. I've got a MY '13 T5, so my level of control over the stability control is not as robust. In mine I can hit "My Car", and like yours, my first option is "My S60". The first option there is DTSC On/Off, there's no option to turn ESC off completely. So, I guess it's slightly easier to set for non P* cars.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Okay, I'm pretty sure we're talking about different things. I've got a MY '13 T5, so my level of control over the stability control is not as robust. In mine I can hit "My Car", and like yours, my first option is "My S60". The first option there is DTSC On/Off, there's no option to turn ESC off completely. So, I guess it's slightly easier to set for non P* cars.
We're talking about the same thing. I have "Active Bending Lights" as my 1st option and "BLIS" as my 2nd, so it could also have to do with what package you have on your car. They replaced DTSC with ESC, not sure when but possibly for MY '15.5.

Here is the manual for MY '15.5 V60 for Stability Control(ESC). Only on the P* can you disable ESC and you have to turn it off to enable the P* tuning(Haldex rear bias, launch control)..

This is the manual for a MY '14 S60 for Stability Control(DTSC)...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ah, okay, I didn't realize they renamed the stability control. I thought DSTC was sort of a Volvo hallmark. Anyway, I've got the platinum package, so I'm pretty sure I have all of the options (Bending Lights, BLIS, lane departure, driver alert, park assist, etc) but DSTC is the first option in "MY S60" for me. My manual looks more or less the same as the MY '14 that you posted. I guess they bumped the stability control settings down a few spots in the new models?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Ah, okay, I didn't realize they renamed the stability control. I thought DSTC was sort of a Volvo hallmark. Anyway, I've got the platinum package, so I'm pretty sure I have all of the options (Bending Lights, BLIS, lane departure, driver alert, park assist, etc) but DSTC is the first option in "MY S60" for me. My manual looks more or less the same as the MY '14 that you posted. I guess they bumped the stability control settings down a few spots in the new models?
I would be interested to hear what someone with a MY'15.5 or '16 non-P* has to say. It seems like all of the non-P* cars have the ability to switch the DSTC/ESC into Sport mode whereas the P* can turn it OFF.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts