SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this upgrade done? I'm curious if anyone is seeing increased speeds in their Sensus system. (other thread got hijacked)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went in for my 10k service a week ago, during which time they updated the software. I haven’t had a chance to use PA, but system start up is noticeably faster. It is easily half the time to load nav and XM as it was before....basically I don’t have to think about whether it’s done loading before I start driving now. That said, I don’t use any other apps, so YMMV if you use a different music app, etc.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went in for my 10k service a week ago, during which time they updated the software. I haven’t had a chance to use PA, but system start up is noticeably faster. It is easily half the time to load nav and XM as it was before....basically I don’t have to think about whether it’s done loading before I start driving now. That said, I don’t use any other apps, so YMMV if you use a different music app, etc.
Sounds like great news!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
No, there is no easy way for an owner to determine the versions and dates of last update. Ask the dealer and record the date after the upgrade. This is why I have the last TSU date in my signature. In theory, you might get a VIDA compatible device.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Is there a way to tell which version you have and/or when it was last updated?
Unfortunately for Volvo it is impossible for unknown reasons , in Audi, BMW and other manufacturers in the settings you can find out which version of the firmware you have
Why this is impossible, only Volvo engineers know this. This is top secret :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is there a way to tell which version you have and/or when it was last updated?
Anyone with a VIDA subscription and your VIN can tell you.

Unfortunately, you yourself cannot. :-(

·
Registered
76 Posts
No, there is no easy way for an owner to determine the versions and dates of last update. Ask the dealer and record the date after the upgrade. This is why I have the last TSU date in my signature. In theory, you might get a VIDA compatible device.
There is an easy way for the April 2019 update because they changed the Auto Start/Stop symbol. If your speedometer shows the new one:
https://www.volvocars.com/my/support/article/013860e57111804ec0a8015163ec6f7e

then you've got that latest update. This won't be as useful once another update is published obviously, but it's helpful today.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine supposedly got updated today during the Recall fix for the rear door cylinders, will report back. My current software is from Early 2018.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
I don't feel any difference after get update this month. Maybe because I didn't feel Sensus is slow from day 1. :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had the upgrade two weeks ago as part of my 20,000 mile service. I have noticed absolutely nothing different compared to before the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I had the upgrade two weeks ago as part of my 20,000 mile service. I have noticed absolutely nothing different compared to before the upgrade.
The only truly noticeable thing should be the new icon/graphic for Start/Stop anyway.

·
Registered
997 Posts
No difference here. Boot up is slow as ever.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dealer said they upgraded my software but no new start/stop button and no PA changes :/ Not the first time this dealership has lied/failed to perform the actions they said they had.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Dealer said they upgraded my software but no new start/stop button and no PA changes :/ Not the first time this dealership has lied/failed to perform the actions they said they had.
At least with this update there's a way to tell...
I'm taking my car in for 10K in 2 weeks. I ain't picking it up if I don't see the new icon!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
At least with this update there's a way to tell...
I'm taking my car in for 10K in 2 weeks. I ain't picking it up if I don't see the new icon!

nothing cooks my goat like lying to your customers for no other reason than it lets you be lazy and the majority of your clientele won't care/won't know.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
nothing cooks my goat like lying to your customers for no other reason than it lets you be lazy and the majority of your clientele won't care/won't know.
I'd have been beyond pissed if that had happened to me...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine seems to load faster after the update.
My daily routine has been to start the car and then hit the homelink button to open the garage door.
In the past, I would put it in reverse when the door finished opening and the camera was still not on.
Now, the camera comes up as soon as I put it in reverse.

One other thing I noticed after the update is that when I put it in dynamic mode, it now says Polestar instead of Dynamic under the shift indicator.
(I had the polestar tune added during the factory delivery)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine seems to load faster after the update.
My daily routine has been to start the car and then hit the homelink button to open the garage door.
In the past, I would put it in reverse when the door finished opening and the camera was still not on.
Now, the camera comes up as soon as I put it in reverse.

One other thing I noticed after the update is that when I put it in dynamic mode, it now says Polestar instead of Dynamic under the shift indicator.
(I had the polestar tune added during the factory delivery)
That's interesting. I haven't noticed any faster boot times, but mine wasn't horribly slow to begin with. However, my backup camera is basically always available immediately. The only quirk around it is if I jump in the car, throw it in reverse, and start driving forward (say backing out of a diagonal parking space) the camera feed might stay "on" for several seconds while the rest of the system boots up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That’s funny. That behavior happened to me for the first time today. Didn’t seem related to boot time. I was backed all the way out of my garage, down the driveway, and a block to the first stop sign before the rear camera went off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts