SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any chips or anything that will make the S40 faster? I'm in the market for a new car and the S40 fits the bill, but i'm worried that it's a bit underpowered. What's everyone's experience with the car's power?<P>Thanks...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check <A HREF="http://www.volvotuning.com" TARGET=_blank>www.volvotuning.com</A> for a full list of upgrades and websites for the S40.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 325iN2it:<BR><B>Are there any chips or anything that will make the S40 faster? I'm in the market for a new car and the S40 fits the bill, but i'm worried that it's a bit underpowered. What's everyone's experience with the car's power?<P>Thanks...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Check iPd...they have the upgrades for the ECU and the sport exhaust; you will be over 200HP once you are done...not too shabby!<P>Yannis<BR><P>

·
Registered
69 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 325iN2it:<BR><B>Are there any chips or anything that will make the S40 faster? I'm in the market for a new car and the S40 fits the bill, but i'm worried that it's a bit underpowered. What's everyone's experience with the car's power?<P>Thanks...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hi!<P>as Yannis mentioned, IPDs ECU and exhaust will get you more power; tho' it's not *quite* rated @ 200HP, more importantly, it *is* reputed to get you a respectable increase in torque.<P>have you driven an S40 yet? you'd be surprised at the number of times you'll get on the highway and look down to realize that you're already cruising *well* over the posted limit! S40s already cruise comfortably well into the triple digits, so if what you're looking for is "speed", they're good for it, and comfortable doing it. if what you're looking for is "quickness" instead of speed, they're no quarter-mile cars but they're not bad, and you can do some nice things to them to improve them,... if you're going to want to do any power mods, i would think you're going to want to be sure to get a 2001 or newer to get the heavier-duty tranny that they started using then.<P>frankly, i'd recommend some suspension mods before i'd be wanting them to be cruising at much higher speeds, but you have to expect that those might have an effect on the quality of the ride that might be considered adverse... everything's a trade-off, but these are already a very nice balance!<P><BR>cheers!<BR>e<BR><P>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts