SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a set of 18 x 9" in either 30 or 40 offset work on my 06 V70R? Found a deal on these in black. Thank Patrick

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would a set of 18 x 9" in either 30 or 40 offset work on my 06 V70R? Found a deal on these in black. Thank Patrick
Do a quick search, and from what I recall (I'm going down the 18x8 path myself) the 18x9 require careful spacing to ensure no rub on the inside and outside of fenders unless you undersize the tire width. With 5mm front and 10mm rear spacers on the 18x8 they seem to fit perfectly on 245 tires.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Running them on my car, lowered with KW v2

minimal rubbing on hard lock, no rubbing over bumps or speedbumps or at full compression. small tires tho.
40 offset? What size tires?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I just got a set of 18x9, with 3mm spacers.
They clear in the back, but just hit the caliper in front.
They stick out a tiny bit, but it looks really nice.

Here is what they look like w/ 3mm all around (but will rub on front calipers ever so slightly with 3MM), essentially same car as mine:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I just got a set of 18x9, with 3mm spacers.
They clear in the back, but just hit the caliper in front.
They stick out a tiny bit, but it looks really nice.

Here is what they look like w/ 3mm all around (but will rub on front calipers ever so slightly with 3MM), essentially same car as mine:

I thought they would've stuck out more than that, looks nice. I'm assuming that's 40 offset?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
02 S60 T5M - Black - KW V2, Brembos + HP5.0, FMIC, R Nordkap Swap - 128k
233 Posts
Back from the dead but there doesn’t seem to be a definitive answer on FC04 18x9 offset and fitment on a P2 so I wanted to share specs.

40mm offset and 6mm spacers barely clears R calipers in the front and has plenty of clearance in the rear (plenty = probably 3-4mm.)

Suspension is KW V2 which has an eccentric bolt at the top so with 2 degrees of negative camber and the perches all the way up, the front doesn’t rub any more than 235s on 17 inch pegs. I am running 245 40 tires and they slightly tuck in to the fender with no rolling or pulling. Federals run wide so I would assume other brands would be fine.

Rear is not height adjustable but about 1.6-1.8 inches lower than stock and rubs over bumps in the rear. Plenty of space if I cut the liner and roll the fender lip. Wheel is flush with the fender but if I was a half inch lower they would probably be just right. I’d rather have the suspension travel so I am leaving it as is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts